• ×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• Kit-bashing a Tab-and-Slot house?
      By Kells
      FurMama's post here reminded me that I have two Greenleaf kits (somewhere! I haven't seen them in months!) that I had once intended to bash. Yeah, I know, another project I'll probably never get to. I didn't want to hijack her thread with my own project and questions so I'll start anew. The kits are this one:
      https://shop.greenleafdollhouses.com/laser-cut-chantilly-dollhouse-kit/
      That brought up the question of just how hard is it to kit-bash a tab-and-slot house? Can you reverse them by flipping over the pieces? I know it's more involved than that but I think you get what I'm asking.
      I've never built a tab-and-slot house before. I owned one but I didn't build it. Way back in the day when Michael's stopped carrying Greenleaf products, I got a smokin' deal on their already-built Beacon Hill display model. What a mistake that was! I eventually gave up on that mess and set it out on the curb with a "Free to Good Home" sign. Mind you, that is in NO WAY slamming Greenleaf. Trying to fix up that shoddily constructed hot-glue-gunned-POS was a nightmare I never should have attempted. ANYWHO . . .
      I finally managed to find my silly mock-up of what I'd intended to do with my two kits. You're all the experts on this, can it be done?

• Travel Trailer Screen Door
      By WBrownIV
      Next on the list was the screen door. I wasn't going to have one but every photo I came across showed one. Okay. The challenge came to finding scale screen material. Brae had shared what she used for her screen door but I could not find it locally. I hunted everywhere. Luckily at Michaels the associate showed me Tulle. It looked good to me!  I made two frames and sandwiched the Tulle between them. Then painted aluminum. It didn't turn out half bad. 
    • Light test
      By WBrownIV
      Here I have them lit. I really like how they look. I have two amber lights for the front markers. I can finally check these off my to do list!
    • Clearance Lights for the Travel Trailer
      By WBrownIV
      The next order of business to come up with some clearance lights. Using 1/4" styrene  tube I cut some small sections and profiled them to the contour of the curving roof line, drilled holes for the led's and epoxied them in place.
    • Painted Window Frames
      By WBrownIV
      Here is the final result after airbrushing the frames with Tester's Model Master Aluminum paint.