Building the Greenleaf Travel Trailer

87 posts in this topic

Again this kit did not disappoint! I organized the wooden parts to stain.

large.5cefe3c29cd6c_Kitchenparts.jpg.6a0

Then it was on to the lower section. I was really happy how it all turned out.

large.5cefe57f51948_finishedlowercabinetlarge.5cefe64b2a28c_Lowercabinets.jpg.2c

Yes that is real Formica!

Here they are together and mocked up in the trailer.large.5cefe707c9328_finishedcabinets.jpglarge.5cefe7a85d61e_cabinetmockedupinshe

For seating I had bought the 50's diner seats/table set. I was not fond of the seat bases and wanted to try to somehow tie them in with the kitchen. Elizabeth had the set in stock and told me she would see what she could do. What she came up with was beyond cool! She drilled out the finger holes and painted them black so it really looks as if they slide!

large.5cefe9a3158d0_seatbases.jpg.4cb92a

1 person likes this

After assembling the cabinets I wanted to install some under cabinet lighting. I ended up using some self adhesive surface mount LED strips from Creative Reproductions To Scale. They are very easy to work with and produce a good amount of light. I installed one on the bottom of each cabinet and wired them to mini connectors so they are plug and play when installed permanently. 

large.5cf0a1af034c1_cabinetleds.jpg.6be5

To hide the strips from view, I made cabinet extensions from 1/16" square basswood stained to match. This way you see light but not the individual LED's. large.5cf0a313a8ea2_uppercabinetextensiolarge.5cefe84be980f_KitchenLighting.jpg.

1 person likes this

Did that eye-popping vinyl come in the kit?

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Did that eye-popping vinyl come in the kit?

Holly no it did not. I had purchased this 50's diner seating set.

https://www.miniatures.com/3-Pc-Diner-Banquette-Set-P25554.aspx

The seat bases were just blocks of wood painted black. Not exactly inspiring! Elizabeth had this set herself and came up with the idea for the new bases. I removed the original ones and installed these replacements. They made a huge difference:)

This looks fabulous!  :clap:  So honored to have added a piece to your project.

2 hours ago, otterine said:

This looks fabulous!  :clap:  So honored to have added a piece to your project.

2 hours ago, otterine said:

Thank you Brae! I must apologize as I had every intention of sending you the link. You have created such an amazing and important part of my project! Everyone who has seen it in person can not believe it's 1/12 scale! I really think it will ba a focal point of the exterior. Thank you again!