Building the Greenleaf Travel Trailer

102 posts in this topic

I regret to say that I have not been keeping up on this build...my loss.  Having just got caught up I got 3 things to say. 

1- awesome kitchen, wish I had done under cabinet lighting in my kitchen. 

2- That red vinyl is the perfect upgrade, its going to look so cool. 

3- You have had some great engineering/ingenuity moments on this project, definitely fun to follow along.

Well done sir   

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Keifer said:

I regret to say that I have not been keeping up on this build...my loss.  Having just got caught up I got 3 things to say. 

1- awesome kitchen, wish I had done under cabinet lighting in my kitchen. 

2- That red vinyl is the perfect upgrade, its going to look so cool. 

3- You have had some great engineering/ingenuity moments on this project, definitely fun to follow along.

Well done sir   

Thank you Keith! 

   Much of this build I feel like I'm "winging it" so to speak. I've never had this level of scratch building in a project before. Some ideas end up being dead ends requiring one to back up and start again. I wanted this to be a learning experience before the Glencroft and I am definitely getting that. I don't think regular folks realize how much brain power is expended on these projects! A miniaturist has to be his/her's general contractor, all the various sub contractors, interior/exterior designers landscaper etc. Every decision falls to you. And, if you are like me and hate making decisions, this process can lead you to cowering in a closet somewhere afraid to come out:)  

   This is why I'm blown away looking at your scratch built house posts! Watching your kitchen take shape I honestly don't know if my jaw can hang any lower! I would have no idea on where to begin. I would love to achieve a fraction of that level of skill. To be able to transform what is in your head, onto paper and ultimately in the finished form would be amazing! No longer would one be held to whats available commercially. I want to say....I can make that!:)

Much appreciated!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

  • Similar Content

    • Kit-bashing a Tab-and-Slot house?
      By Kells
      FurMama's post here reminded me that I have two Greenleaf kits (somewhere! I haven't seen them in months!) that I had once intended to bash. Yeah, I know, another project I'll probably never get to. I didn't want to hijack her thread with my own project and questions so I'll start anew. The kits are this one:
      https://shop.greenleafdollhouses.com/laser-cut-chantilly-dollhouse-kit/
      That brought up the question of just how hard is it to kit-bash a tab-and-slot house? Can you reverse them by flipping over the pieces? I know it's more involved than that but I think you get what I'm asking.
      I've never built a tab-and-slot house before. I owned one but I didn't build it. Way back in the day when Michael's stopped carrying Greenleaf products, I got a smokin' deal on their already-built Beacon Hill display model. What a mistake that was! I eventually gave up on that mess and set it out on the curb with a "Free to Good Home" sign. Mind you, that is in NO WAY slamming Greenleaf. Trying to fix up that shoddily constructed hot-glue-gunned-POS was a nightmare I never should have attempted. ANYWHO . . .
      I finally managed to find my silly mock-up of what I'd intended to do with my two kits. You're all the experts on this, can it be done?

    • Travel Trailer Screen Door
      By WBrownIV
      Next on the list was the screen door. I wasn't going to have one but every photo I came across showed one. Okay. The challenge came to finding scale screen material. Brae had shared what she used for her screen door but I could not find it locally. I hunted everywhere. Luckily at Michaels the associate showed me Tulle. It looked good to me!  I made two frames and sandwiched the Tulle between them. Then painted aluminum. It didn't turn out half bad. 
    • Light test
      By WBrownIV
      Here I have them lit. I really like how they look. I have two amber lights for the front markers. I can finally check these off my to do list!
    • Clearance Lights for the Travel Trailer
      By WBrownIV
      The next order of business to come up with some clearance lights. Using 1/4" styrene  tube I cut some small sections and profiled them to the contour of the curving roof line, drilled holes for the led's and epoxied them in place.
    • Painted Window Frames
      By WBrownIV
      Here is the final result after airbrushing the frames with Tester's Model Master Aluminum paint.