had an oops moment

sandilpn

When I went out to paint the textured spray paint on the exterior of my Orchid front.

The two side pieces pf cardboard came off inside so I had to retape it on each side. When I went to push it onto its' feet, the house fell forward into the grass. I thought, 'Oh my Gosh!' and re-righted it. What I discovered was not all that unpleasing to the eye. It looked like rough stucco swirls and ridges! I am not sure what it will look like when dry, but wow, the inventions we stumble on to in error.

I will post photos after I take them tomorrow. It is dark outside right now, although it is perfect 70 degree painting weather. I had to pick the leaves and dead grass off though. and I will have to repray it again, since it left bare wood showing through.

You know, everyone is so right. This is why I still consider myself a "newbie". Every house I build I have an Oppps Moment which is always followed by an "Ahhhhh now that is something to do next time :) ". I gotta say, Congratulations and keep on having those moments. Not only will you learn more but you'll enjoy the build process even more.