So I answered an ad on Craigslist.......

WBrownIV

On 5/27/2019, 6:50:43, fov said:

On 5/27/2019, 3:07:24, rodentraiser said:

I don't know what the first house is (the Cape Cod), but it's such a generic design, it might be hard to find out.

The second house, the blue one, is an S/W Crafts kit without the roof. I can't remember exactly what it's called and it seems to me it had two names during its lifetime.

The third house was a Southern Mansion at one time and there seems to be enough detail on it that it might be ID'd.

If I have time over the next couple of days, I'll look through my catalogs and see what I can find.

I finally figured out what house this is!

1rzndh.jpg

Emily and Kelly you both had the manufacturer correct. It is a S/W Crafts 930 Lakeside Manor.

2881ncn.jpg

Would anyone have a copy of the assembly manual? As you can see it really needs some work and I would love to know exactly what I'm missing!

Darn, I'm sorry. I totally forgot I was going to look through my catalogs for that other house. Yesterday the guys were here to check the CO monitor and change batteries in the smoke alarms. Tomorrow they'll be here to check if the smoke alarms all work (I don't know why I have to be here for that - all I have to do is bake something in my oven and the whole floor knows my alarm works). But I have today free (no cleaning required), so I'll see what I can do.

*raises hand* *volunteers to take the $20 bill*

By the way, your brass beds look really nice. You should be able to sell those with no problem at all and yes I'm open to all donations (not really LOL). And I'd hang on to whatever kitchen and bathroom sets you have unless you really don't like them. All houses need a kitchen and bathroom, and kitchens are expensive. To me anyway.

OK, I am tentatively going to ID your Southern Mansion house as a Batrie dollhouse called The Heritage. Real Good Toys picked up some of the Batrie models but I'm not sure they're still making or selling any. The Newport and the Bostonian were two Batrie models.

Anyway, I'm basing the ID on the photo you have. Your house has the dip in the top trim and the four squares underneath the trim where the four columns are supposed to go. I can't tell from the back whether the house in my catalog has a cut-off slant to the back of the roof, but I've seen other Batrie houses and they do include that. You're missing the entire foundation, including the part that goes under the house. The original foundation had the stairs cut into it.

According to my catalog, the house should be 33"H x 30"W x 14"D. If you're going to measure it, you need to measure from top of the roof to the bottom (and remember, about 2" of foundation is missing), from side to side, and from front (beginning from the trim on front) to the back. That's usually how dollhouses are measured, but in this case, that would make your interior rooms only about 12" deep, so maybe in this case they really mean the interior rooms are 14" deep and the whole house is 16" to 18" deep instead, including the porch.

My book says the house was built with 11/16" thick wood, which makes sense because I can see how thick the wood is on one of the insides of the window. That made me think it might be another SW kit at first. The siding on your house is also "built in". The house is 3 floors, 8 rooms, and retail price was $185 in 1980, $200 partially assembled and unfinished. Assembled houses could be shipped.

I'd love to see a straight on picture of the front and the back, if you felt like it. I love seeing these old houses show up and I've seen so few of them in real life.

DSCN0104.JPG.169600e702617a8ec5a4640fa20

1 hour ago, rodentraiser said:

Darn, I'm sorry. I totally forgot I was going to look through my catalogs for that other house. Yesterday the guys were here to check the CO monitor and change batteries in the smoke alarms. Tomorrow they'll be here to check if the smoke alarms all work (I don't know why I have to be here for that - all I have to do is bake something in my oven and the whole floor knows my alarm works). But I have today free (no cleaning required), so I'll see what I can do.

*raises hand* *volunteers to take the $20 bill*

By the way, your brass beds look really nice. You should be able to sell those with no problem at all and yes I'm open to all donations (not really LOL). And I'd hang on to whatever kitchen and bathroom sets you have unless you really don't like them. All houses need a kitchen and bathroom, and kitchens are expensive. To me anyway.

Hi Kelly! No worries:) CO and smoke alarms are important! I'm surprised they didn't test the smoke alarms after installing the new batteries! Very confusing!

I will take your advice and keep the kitchen and bathroom sets. I seem to have an overabundance of toilets to choose from which is great. More is certainly better than less in that regard! 

You wouldn't say that if you lived with my smoke alarm. I'm not kidding you - every time I open a hot oven (the smoke alarm is in the kitchen), it goes off. I've hit the thing with a heavy towel until it started beeping quietly. It still responds to tests and new batteries with loud shrieks, but then when I hit it again, it'll quiet down. I'm a night person and often I'll be having supper at 10pm or later. I really can't have the entire floor waking up every time I heat up a frozen meal.

They probably didn't test because they have about 100 rooms and apartments here to replace the batteries in and it would take them most of the day. They were also late in starting.

Anyway, I added a picture of your dollhouse in my catalog to my post. See what you think!

32 minutes ago, rodentraiser said:

OK, I am tentatively going to ID your Southern Mansion house as a Batrie dollhouse called The Heritage. Real Good Toys picked up some of the Batrie models but I'm not sure they're still making or selling any. The Newport and the Bostonian were two Batrie models.

Anyway, I'm basing the ID on the photo you have. Your house has the dip in the top trim and the four squares underneath the trim where the four columns are supposed to go. I can't tell from the back whether the house in my catalog has a cut-off slant to the back of the roof, but I've seen other Batrie houses and they do include that. You're missing the entire foundation, including the part that goes under the house. The original foundation had the stairs cut into it.

According to my catalog, the house should be 33"H x 30"W x 14"D. If you're going to measure it, you need to measure from top of the roof to the bottom (and remember, about 2" of foundation is missing), from side to side, and from front (beginning from the trim on front) to the back. That's usually how dollhouses are measured, but in this case, that would make your interior rooms only about 12" deep, so maybe in this case they really mean the interior rooms are 14" deep and the whole house is 16" to 18" deep instead, including the porch.

My book says the house was built with 11/16" thick wood, which makes sense because I can see how thick the wood is on one of the insides of the window. That made me think it might be another SW kit at first. The siding on your house is also "built in". The house is 3 floors, 8 rooms, and retail price was $185 in 1980, $200 partially assembled and unfinished. Assembled houses could be shipped.

I'd love to see a straight on picture of the front and the back, if you felt like it. I love seeing these old houses show up and I've seen so few of them in real life.

DSCN0104.JPG.169600e702617a8ec5a4640fa20

Kelly thank you for your detective skills! I believe you are spot on. Here are a few pictures as requested.

289y4v5.jpg

346w4rb.jpg

It sounds like you have a very testy smoke alarm! I've had that happen to me in the past and I believe I ended up replacing it. It was just too sensitive. Another thought would be location. It's not directly over the oven is it? I could see it going off if it was close by.

You're welcome! Although I have to admit, no detective skills were needed. I just have a bunch of catalogs that have dollhouses listed in them. Thank you for the pictures. I'd say that was definitely the Batrie Heritage. And those look like two of the columns in front.

The smoke alarm is on the opposite wall across from the oven, maybe about 5 feet diagonally. I hope I'm only going to be here another month, though, so I'm not going to stress about it too much.