Hello from NH

Gabbo

Hi all! I'm so excited to be here. I just purchased a dollhouse from FB marketplace. Not sure what kind it is, I'll try to attach a picture. I'm looking to fix it up. It is wired with tape wire but I think I may need to rewire it. I tested the lamp, transformer, lead in wire, and junction splice, and they all seem to work. Which leads me to believe the tape wire may be bad, if that is even possible? It is copper on both sides, it doesn't have the blue side.

Ok I guess I need to learn how to attach pics because it says my files are too large.

Anyway, Hiii!!!!

2 hours ago, Gabbo said:

...It is wired with tape wire but I think I may need to rewire it. I tested the lamp, transformer, lead in wire, and junction splice, and they all seem to work. Which leads me to believe the tape wire may be bad...

Huh?  Everything works, so you think the wiring might be bad?  I'm confused, but I'm of the school that if something isn't broken, there's no need to fix it.  Welcome to th little family.

Hi Gabbo!  Welcome! how exciting to get your first house!  Wiring can be intimidating for a lot of people...draw out your plan and you can check your tape wire too - there's many members with great experience wiring and can help you or you can search the topics also.  You can post pictures after 5 posts.  Usually though you need to resize the pictures because there's a mb limit.

Again welcome and let us know what you've purchased when you can

18 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Huh?  Everything works, so you think the wiring might be bad?  I'm confused, but I'm of the school that if something isn't broken, there's no need to fix it.  Welcome to th little family.

Yes all the individual parts work when I test them, but when I actually plug them in all together, it doesn't light up. Although, now that I've been fiddling with it more, I think it's the connections that are loose.

13 hours ago, amyole said:

Welcome, Gabbo from a fellow Granite Stater. Have you been to the Earth & Tree in Amherst? I make 2-4 pilgrimages there each year (it's part of my religion!). Enjoy!

Thank you! Yes I have been there, it is amazing. I'm actually pretty lucky, I live in the next town over so I'm only 15 min away :)

38 minutes ago, jbnmini said:

Hi! :wave:   The easiest way I have learned to resize a picture is to open it in the PAINT program, and then RESIZE it by 50 or even 75. 

Ooh thanks for the tip! I'll try to jump on my computer at some point, I've been using my phone for convenience sake.

15 hours ago, Qubanqtee said:

Hi Gabbo!  Welcome! how exciting to get your first house!  Wiring can be intimidating for a lot of people...draw out your plan and you can check your tape wire too - there's many members with great experience wiring and can help you or you can search the topics also.  You can post pictures after 5 posts.  Usually though you need to resize the pictures because there's a mb limit.

Again welcome and let us know what you've purchased when you can

Thanks for the warm welcome! 

• Like 1