New from Madison, Wisconsin

Hi there! I just purchased an Orchid kit that I’m very excited to build and wanted to join this community to chat about it! I have one unfinished dollhouse that’s just too big for my current home (it’s 32” wide and I needed something smaller), so I decided to start over again. By day, I’m in marketing and I live with my fiancé and our two cats in Madison. I also like to read, write, play video games, watch TV, and see live music. Nice to meet you all!

• Like 1

Hi Janelle! welcome to my favorite online dollhouse place. The Orchid was one of my first houses and I loved building it. Very nice size. Do you know the name of your unfinished house? maybe somebody here will be interested if you decide not to keep it. I live in Oak Creek, Wisconsin; not too far from you. After 5 posts you will be able to share pictures of your work. Again, welcome and have fun!!!:wave:

• Like 1

Thanks! My unfinished house was this one.  It was a great house and I have most of the wallpaper and flooring up in it but it went through some damage during a couple moves and again, it’s just too big for me now. Once I can, I’ll post some photos. I’m excited to take on the Orchid although definitely worried it’ll just be a step in a bigger obsession. Hahaha. 

• Like 1

Hi Janelle!  Welcome to the forum!  the Lancaster is such a versatile house, but some can be overwhelming in the beginning...the Orchid is a great place to get reacquainted with the hobby!  And you're probably right that its the beginning of a bigger obsession hahahaha.....and we're no help here for the most part we're enablers hahahaha.  Hope you'll share your progress when you can!  Again welcome and enjoy all their is to learn and offer here!

• Like 1

Welcome to the little family, Janelle.

7 hours ago, gimpnelly said:

...although definitely worried it’ll just be a step in a bigger obsession. Hahaha. 

You say it like that's a bad thing.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...