Siding choices (Orchid)

So I’m planning my Orchid build and I was curious if anyone has any siding recommendations. I see that Greenleaf sells loose boards for siding that are very reasonably priced. I also see this option and others like it at Miniatures.com. I am not sure which will be easier and look better. I’m going for a classic siding look with a bit of overlap. Thanks!

Edited by gimpnelly

Hi Janelle,

The boards from miniatures. com are much easier that the individual boards. I like the wood over the MDF. The real wood siding is light and easy to cut with a box knife. It also has a smoother finish with paint compared to the MDF.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

Hi Janelle,

The boards from miniatures. com are much easier that the individual boards. I like the wood over the MDF. The real wood siding is light and easy to cut with a box knife. It also has a smoother finish with paint compared to the MDF.

It does seem like they’d be easier. But I can see that real wood would be superior to MDF. 

1 minute ago, Sable said:

If you use the boards you must not use any water based glue. I use small dabs of construction adhesive; Liquid Nails.

Good to know! I’ve used Liquid Nails before and it’s great for sure. 

On 6/2/2019, 12:28:51, Sable said:

If you use the boards you must not use any water based glue. I use small dabs of construction adhesive; Liquid Nails.

Great idea and way better than using hot glue as the instructions say to do.

I am working on the same house and have chosen to add batten boards like Stickyfingers did with hers. It reminds me of Cape May!

• Like 1