Garage sale finds

smjsome

I went to the St Louis dollhouse museum sale last month - I’ve really been only buying 1/4 scale and below, and crazily enough all the sellers were selling tiny scales!  I bought soooo very much stuff.I've been rearranging my work space to make room. My husband took a table and sold a bunch of my weeded out stuff, we donated a lot too.  But, he almost made as much money as I spent!  Ha

This is my favorite purchase, 

it was totally wrapped in Saran Wrap, everyone was ignoring it, and as I was leaving I said on a whim, how much for the blue house, she said, $2, it a Cynthia Howe design, I didn’t know who that was, thought she said Rowe actually, but the price was right.  I emailed Cynthia Howe after I opened it, I wanted to know how she made the hinge, she was so nice, told me how, gave me lots of advice, and she said she had some extras - I bought the Victorian Gothic kit from her, not $2, full price.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smjsome said:

I went to the St Louis dollhouse museum sale last month - I’ve really been only buying 1/4 scale and below, and crazily enough all the sellers were selling tiny scales!  I bought soooo very much stuff.I've been rearranging my work space to make room. My husband took a table and sold a bunch of my weeded out stuff, we donated a lot too.  But, he almost made as much money as I spent!  Ha

This is my favorite purchase, 

it was totally wrapped in Saran Wrap, everyone was ignoring it, and as I was leaving I said on a whim, how much for the blue house, she said, $2, it a Cynthia Howe design, I didn’t know who that was, thought she said Rowe actually, but the price was right.  I emailed Cynthia Howe after I opened it, I wanted to know how she made the hinge, she was so nice, told me how, gave me lots of advice, and she said she had some extras - I bought the Victorian Gothic kit from her, not $2, full price.  

Sharon I was so looking forward to the garage sale. It didn't dawn on me until Tuesday that I had missed it :(  Oh well. Congrats on finding some really nice stuff!