Completed, Electrified McKinley

Ginna

Lovely Vintage Dollhouse. Completely finished inside and out. Recently re-wired and all lighting works fine. This is a Greenleaf McKinley dollhouse, especially designed to display miniatures at eye level or in limited space. This unique model is just 9 inches deep, with 5 large rooms, an attic cubby, and a tower chamber. Three latticed storage drawers beneath are perfect for storing accessories. As shown in photos (Note: I have the attic trim). Most furniture is available at additional cost. Sonoma County, CA

20190522_131738.jpg

20190522_130856.jpg

20190522_132010.jpg

• Like 2

Hi! Amazing work, really love the color cordination <3 

I'm very impressed with the circuitry as well, can I ask what did you use to hold the wires in place at the junctions? I'm working with a very thin layer of mdf that won't hold screws in place. I've tried electric tape but the connection doesn't hold very well long term. Your sistem seams to be working better than mine, what components and tools would you suggest I use to make something like this? 

Thanks!

Thank you for your kind words!  One lesson I learned early on about decorating a dollhouse is that all of the colors need to be compatible since all of the rooms are visible at the same time. 

With regard to the wiring, my husband did that project a number of years ago.  It appears that the brackets he used are made of plastic/nylon with an opening on one side and they are sticky on the back.  I've attached a close-up below.  We think they were probably designed for securing telephone wires.  Possibly purchased at Radio Shack (which sadly is no more).  You could try some version of telephone wire brackets.  And if the stickum on the back is not strong enough, you could attach with small pieces of carpet tape.  Good luck and please let me know if you are successful! 

UPDATE:  I think I found them!  I googled telephone wire brackets.

Gardner Poly Wire Clip GWC-1510

20190606_115632.jpg

• 3 weeks later...