A bit of eye candy

Kells

Two bits of dollhouse eye candy to enjoy. For the first house, I uploaded pictures to the members gallery. I didn't know where else to put them. If it belongs in another gallery, please let me know. The URL I had for this house is no longer working or I'd have just posted a link. Maybe someone knows this house? I can't even remember what museum it's in. As I clearly state in the description for the gallery pics, THIS IS NOT ONE OF MINE! I have an old front-opening Hofco Federal Mansard I had once overly-ambitiously thought I'd do up like this one. Yeah right, as if, never gonna happen. But please enjoy the pics!

This link has loads of pictures. Many of you may already have seen this Dutch gambrel colonial, it's been around for quite a while. Oh my, do I love this house. It's currently for sale for $10,000. It used to be $8,000. Not that I'd be buying it at either price (alas!), but it's so nice for inspiration. :)

http://colonialdollhouse.com/

Dutch Gambrel.jpg

• Like 2

I saw that first house, or one very like it for the first time about a year after I started with minis.  I love those paneled rooms, especially the sitting room. I am quite the history buff and have always loved old houses.  Oh, the eye candy and the realistic imagined little worlds miniaturists create. Singing Calgon, take me awaaay...

• Like 2