Searching for DuraCraft Marquam Hill Mansion kit/house

8 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I am searching for a DuraCraft Marquam Hill Mansion (MR 625) kit or dollhouse. My grandmother had one of these when I was little that I loved playing with, but sadly it was given to someone outside of our family after she passed. I would love to build or restore one with my daughter now that she is old enough to share a love of miniatures with me. However, I am having a really hard time finding this dollhouse anywhere. Anyone have any leads?

Thanks!

This has been reported as a duplicate post

Meaghan, you can check EBay and your local Craig's List.  Dura-Craft hasn't existed as a company for quite some time now.  While you're searching, perhaps you would like to post us an introduction in the Newcomers' Forum?

Hi KathieB

I saw that this post duplicated. I went into the post to correct the spelling error, but when I save it, the post duplicated. I didn’t see where I could delete it. 

Thanks Havanaholly! I know the company is out of business, but I see kits floating around still here and there. I’ve been keeping my eye on eBay and Craigslist, but figured it wouldn’t hurt to reach out here. 

47 minutes ago, Meag said:

Hi KathieB

I saw that this post duplicated. I went into the post to correct the spelling error, but when I save it, the post duplicated. I didn’t see where I could delete it. 

No worries, I deleted it.

This kit turns up on eBay sometimes. Did you set up a search alert on eBay? That way you'll get an email if one is listed.

Good luck, I hope you find one! I always liked this kit.

Id do what @fov suggested as that's how I found my kit for this same house.  It's a beauty so I completely understand your desire to locate it!

I have a Marquam Hill that is mostly constructed... I might be willing to sell if you are anywhere near Northeast PA and we can agree on a price.

Screenshot_20190813-231455.jpg

s-l1600_20190626004429670.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• Does anyone need a basement for their Duracraft San Franciscan?
      By Crabbygirl13
      Back when I started building the Duracraft San Franciscan, the one made of MDF, I decided it needed a basement, so a carpenter friend of mine cut one for me based on my specs. It's got window openings and an opening for stairs. I'm not asking any money for it, just the cost of sending it to where it would need to go. I think I can get packing materials for free. I've posted some pics, although they're not the best, but they'll give you an idea of the piece. It's made from 1/2" thick excellent quality wood. I decided to go in a different direction and didn't build the house, but I hate to just throw away the basement because someone might have use for it. So, I'll post it here and see if there are any takers. I planned on making it into a kitchen and laundry room. Two of the photos show the "Ceiling" as the floor. The stair opening is actually on the top of the structure. I have some more recent photos I can email if anyone should contact me. The center wall is not included, but you can see how the room layout would look if you added a wall. The ceiling height is 8.5" and I used the actual floor piece (MDF) from the original kit, so it matches up exactly. 
      As far as components go, I had used what was shown in the photos. There's a sliding glass door by Miniature House and I used windows from Earth and Tree. If you need components, I can see what I have and we could discuss pricing on those items. But, the basement itself is free of charge to anyone who could use it.
      Any questions or for more information, send me a message. I'm located in MA so if you're in the area, I can meet you with it as well. Probably a long shot, but hey, you never know!
      Robin

P.S. If you wanted to make a donation for this item, I'd ask $10 that I could give to a local animal rescue.

• Duracraft roof fit issues (Linfield)
      By JSundbakken
      I am constructing the Duracraft linfield and I’m dry fitting the roof, but it’s just not fitting right. Do they ever? Should I sand and try to figure it out or glue and fill in with wood putty? I have done everything correct with the instructions, so I don’t know what’s best to do. Any suggestions?

• Duracraft Victorian VH600 free to good home
      By Bluestocking
      I have a hand-me-down Duracraft Victorian VH600 that I would be happy to give to someone who would love and build it.  It is from the 1980s, never opened.  I have no idea of the condition but the box is clean and whole so I'm assuming that everything inside is good.
      It is very heavy, so I can't mail it, sorry.  I am willing to drive to a southern L.A. Co. or Orange Co. Calif. location if you can't come and get it, and I would be happy to hang on to it for a while if necessary.
      The box says "21 in. x 47 in. x 40 in." -- ten rooms!

• Working on the Dining Room
      By Samusa
      I'm waiting on supplies for the basement apartment plus I needed a change of scenery so I decided to work on the dining room today. Everything is still in dry fit so it's all a house of cards that could come tumbling down at any moment. 
      The table isn't finished so the top hasn't been glued down yet.. I've used these random metal minis to weigh it down so it would sit more evenly on my very wonky floor. (It warped during white washing and I'm yet to find a way to fix it... No amount of heavy books has managed it yet. ) 
      The table got a coat of Walnut Brown stain, then several thick washes of antique grey chalk paint, left on for a few seconds then wiped off with an old towel. Contemplating more washes, but wonder if I should just let it be.. I'm known to keep going until I've gone too far.  
      The chairs were a dark stain and they have had several coats of white primer... Not sure what colour to paint them, I was thinking a swedish grey, but I quite like the white.. The seats will get a taupe or grey or white linen seat depending on the colour I settle on for the wood.
    • Basement floor - grouted.JPG
      By Samusa
      Gave the brick flooring a wash of white paint to tone down the red and give it a bit of an aged appearance. Then grouted. Used spackle this time @Its_a_sm_world_after_all Jodi.  Soooo much better.. but it's very white... should I give all of this a black wash to grimy it up a bit? Or leave it all white and pretty?