nanaroma

nanaroma

I started at the beginning of 2019 with a lantern garden room which became a shed because I made the potting bench too big, so everything kind of transmogrified into 1:12.   So having handed them over to my daughter at Easter, I wanted to continue building.   The 1:24 change came about because I want to recreate my Nana's house and I don't have a table/workspace big enough.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Have you decided on a house

6 hours ago, nanaroma said:

I want to recreate my Nana's house 

I wonder if there is a 1:24 kit that will suit, or is there a scratch build in the works? 

3 hours ago, havanaholly said:

ignore this ... lol

• Like 1

I just realised I posted the wrong photo.   To answer all your questions at once, I am working on the plan of my Nana's house, I have made three furniture kits, the crystal cabinet, the dressingtable with the wing mirrors, and the double bed with the slatted head and ends.   No I have two 'Art Deco Lazy Chair' kits waiting.  And I have found some fabric in my stash to cover them.   Everything will be 1930s style but not elegant, more working class.   The wing mirrors are a bit classy for my Nana, but it is so cute.   I have 1930s furniture in my own house so I hope to be able to copy a couple of pieces in basswood.   Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, nanaroma said:

Wow!   Do you think so?   Will I post the real house or my mockup?

Yes! (both, so we can see your inspiration)  I see your 1:24 dresser drawers will open & close.  I made a kitchen cupboard and a bedroom chest with working drawers for my 1:24 hacienda (I made the kitchen stove, table & chairs from scratch, so you can do it); by the time I got to furnishing my double Fairfields and finished the few 1:24 kits I had I decided the heck with it and the dining room sideboard's drawers are just basswood strips glued into place; as one of my dear forum friends has said, it's all smoke & mirrors.

• Like 1

This is the photo of my Nana's house, obtained from the real estate agents who sold it in 2014.   My mock-up is 14 and a half inches by 15 inches, but the back of the house is from memory because it was demolished and rebuilt in 1970.   The plastic furniture is my own toys from the 1940s.

IMAG0510-20190427-140018322.jpg

IMAG0523-20190430-10045270.jpg

IMAG0520-20190430-09070353.jpg

IMAG0525-20190503-104937713.jpg

• Like 2