Are We Having Fun Yet?

CheckMouse

We are in the process of moving from WA to NE.  What a stupendous hassle! Our house went on the market May 2nd - and sold within the first week.  And the buyer's financing fell through a few days later!  So it was back to the Open Houses on the weekends (4 hours each) and text messaged appointments at any given moment the rest of the time. Packing Mother up and out of the house has been a real nightmare. With her increasing dementia we had to explain EVERY time why we're leaving - yes, we're selling - yes, we're moving. 

Had an offer, way too low, and responded with a counter-offer (still lower than we liked), waited for him to return from his vacation and answer his flippin' phone.  Never did hear back from him, come to think of it. In the meantime a young couple asked for a special time to come to the house, because they worked nights and couldn't come in our preferred evening window. But we didn't have to leave for that one - and they ended up buying!  FINALLY!  Paperwork started June 15th - Happy Father's Day!  

So we are now in the 30-day countdown.  Took three tries to get a dependable realtor in NE but the third one really is the charm!  She has been very helpful - touring many homes with us via video (Facebook Messenger video - pretty cool!) . Our DD and SIL have gone to most of these viewings and it is very helpful to get their input, although I am getting suspicious that my SIL doesn't like any house in town except his own!  Oh, well - we only asked for input, not decisions. We have signed papers for two houses - and lost them both due to shady selling-realtor practices.  :(  Toured one again this morning and just signed papers for it. But I refuse to get excited until they hand us the keys!  I seem to be drawn to these older homes in the Midwest - they look like dollhouses! Today's house is 100 years old, with a full basement. It is structurally sound but we will be doing a few things to it. The owner is a 90-yr-old widower who has lived there for 57 years!  He drove up before our tour was over - I don't think he realized we were in on the consultation. Still sharp as a tack, still driving, and moving into a one-level duplex. 

If we get this house I will share pictures with everybody. Maybe this third house will be the charm, also!  We are getting so tired of this run around! :dog:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, CheckMouse said:

Leaving the next house I will be on a gurney,

I've said this after moving into the last three houses. Here's hoping your declaration carries more weight than mine. :D Fingers crossed that all goes well with house #3.

• Like 2