Hello

DDown

Hello Everyone! My name is Devon, I'm 31, and I live in Manitoba, Canada. My mother is currently in the process of purchasing the Garfield Dollhouse for my husband and I to build for our daughter. She managed to find it online for $150 CAD brand new!

I only recently started looking at the dollhouses and miniatures in the past couple of days and am so excited. This will be my first dollhouse. We are going to take our time and it will likely take years to get it completed, but my daughter is only 7 months old so we have time! 

I look forward to researching and learning so much from everyone's experiences and tips! 

Hello all! So, I have just been pricing out tools that I'm gonna need, can anyone tell me the main essentials I for sure need to start with? I'm also wondering what people put their dollhouses on (plywood and then make a yard?) Any tips/tricks/etc, bring them on! I spent all yesterday evening watching diy tutorials on YouTube! 

• Like 1

My last one was a farmhouse, so I set it on a large sheet of plywood that I landscaped as a farmyard:

farmhouse front yard.JPG

I use a utility knife with retractable blade for most cutting and lots of blue painters' tape for holding things together whilst glue dries.  I use Titebond (carpenters' wood glue) for building the kit and Elmer's all-purpose white glue for the clear acetate inserts.  I have a steel carpenter's square for checking corners and plumb.  If I run into a snag I walk away and wait for the house to tell me what it wants.