Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Greetings from Alabama!

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi! My name is Dawn and I am from Alabama. I got interested in dollhouses about 14 or so years ago and bought a Dura-Craft Newberg. I started to put it together, but messed up some of the parts, so it's still in the box. I've had three kids since I bought it and they, along with other things, have kept me busy. I am hoping once we move later this month I can get it put together with replacement parts I have found.

I kind of live in a dollhouse. lol It's 768 square feet and I live in it with my husband and our children who are 12, 4, and 2. We have replaced the floors, refurbished walls, and we're going to replace the windows soon. It's cute and cozy like a dollhouse. :) Thank you all for letting me in your group!

Edited by DawnMc4

Hey Dawn, welcome - I always liked the Newberg.

Welcome to the little family, Dawn.  Where y'all  moving to?  I'm down here in Seminole,Alabama, just outside Pensacola, FL.

Welcome Dawn :wave:

768sqft.....you must be bursting at the seams!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• Large Collection for Sale
      By anniefarley
      Hello Miniature Lovers!
      Does anyone want to take a road trip?  We are cleaning out Grandma's collection and have quite a list of dollhouse kits, unfinished houses, supplies and furniture to sale.  We would LOVE to sell the whole lot as a pickup.  Wouldn't know the first thing about shipping this stuff or know nothing of ebay.  We are located in Hutchinson, KS, so we are almost smack dab in the middle of the country.
      We do believe all kits are complete.  Some boxes are pretty worn.  A couple of the incomplete builds are as is (the two we couldn't identify).  List and pics:
      Kits:  Bellingham Farm House, Alexandra, Newberg, Granville, Duracraft Farmhouse
      Incomplete builds:  Mint Julip, Victorian Cottage Jr that needs a little work, two unknown, San Fran bash and a cute little greenleaf
      We know a ballpark figure we'd like, so please....make an offer!  Oh, and don't worry....Grandma is fine....just downsizing and off to the next hobby!  Please see below link for photos.......
      https://imgur.com/a/knJ8k1B
    • Newberg kitchen closeup
      By rbytsdy
      The cabinet is my own design, as are the window dressings.
    • Newberg attic
      By rbytsdy
      The flooring is a flocked paper from Hobby Lobby. I made the peaked trims to fit from matboard.
    • Newberg bedroom
      By rbytsdy
      The flooring is from a fabric sample. The bed and side table are from Kris' tuts. The window treatments are my own design.
    • Newberg powder room
      By rbytsdy
      Found the bathroom set cheap on amazon. The battery box is in here-- the tiffany lamp shades are from Dejoux miniatures.