hello from Canada!

hello all!

i got a Magnolia kit last month and have been researching like crazy so i don't screw things up too badly when i start building it. i figured it would be a good idea to get involved here because i'm sure i'll have a million questions.

this will be 5th dollhouse i've had over my life, though the only one i currently have is the cute little IKEA one. the others were rehomed or lost over the decades. 

i haven't even started the Magnolia and i already have ideas for several more builds... and before i get to it i want to do a few renovations to the IKEA house.

i'm not going for any real historical accuracy or anything, just what i think looks cute or pretty or whatever.

i also bought several of the Greenleaf furniture kits and have built them. they turned out adorable in my opinion. the wood is a little rough around the edges but it actually worked with the looks i was going for.

the houses will be populated with the Calico Critters i've been collecting since childhood. i know this will lead to all sorts of scale wonkyness, but they look adorable with the oversized furniture and i've figured out how to build them little stepstools so they can reach the top shelves and such.

this is the IKEA house, populated with Calico Critters and filled with a variety of furniture, new 1/12 stuff, official Calico Critters items both new and old,things i've recently built from craft sticks and such, things my dad and i built when i was a kid, and a few pieces from my very first dollhouse when i was a toddler. my husband is going to help me install another floor over the kid's room so i can set up a bathroom. i'll add a faux window to the kid's room and a faux skylight once that's done.

(i tried to attach the photo but couldn't get it to work, so here's a link to it if you'd like to see)

Edited by tyshalae
photo issues

Welcome to the little family, Sig.  Your link didn't work for me.  When you have made five posts you can make albums of your pictures and builds in the gallery here.

• Like 1

Hi Sig! :wave:  Welcome to our little family!  

You have certainly come to the right place for help on your builds!  I have found that to attach a photo to a post you have to first reduce the size of the pic. (I use Paint and then Resize them -usually 50% to start)  Well, I have to do that as well when creating an album on here.  Anyway- welcome and hope to see your house pics soon.

• Like 1