Happy Independence Day

havanaholly

We watched the Capitol 4th PBS special; they have the best fireworks!  Then we listened to our nextdoor neighbor shoot off fireworks until around midnight (there's a barrow pit on the other side of their house that's full of water, so that's where he shoots them off).  I always feel very patriotic on the 4th.

I also enjoyed the PBS presentation. I like how the Muppets brought it down to the level of the children. :) 

Some numbnut shot off rockets in our subdivision. Of course there were lots of bangs, but I happened to look out of the right window at the right time and saw a couple of large bursts above the roof of the house next door. We're luck Mr. Ignoramous didn't burn down a few houses. Some people's kids just don't have any common sense.

Happy 4th!  We spent the evening at my DD's & SIL's house.  We had an afternoon/early evening heavy thunderstorm that interrupted everyone's holiday activities, but thankfully it soon cleared up and fireworks went on as scheduled.  For the first time, we sat at the park where they put off our town's fireworks.  Up until now, we always took the kids to one of the local viewing spots in town to watch them from afar. Sitting right at the heart of it all, we realized just how much we actually missed - we were only seeing the ones that went up really high and were totally missing a good chunk of the show!  Plus it was accompanied by patriotic John Phillip Sousa band music!  :clap::ohyeah: Quite enjoyed it all!

My granddaughter did not come with us to the show- it was past her bedtime, and besides, the noise would have terrified her!  Nonetheless, she quite enjoyed her July 4th at Aunt "Buckty" and Uncle "Ra" house.  :giggle:  She came prepared for the rain, wearing her "doot doot" boots. (You know- from the song Baby Shark"? Doo-doo-doo....and her boots are sharks...??  get it now?) :rain: Anywho--- just had to share this pic of her jumping in the only little muddy puddle she could find....Cause, you know- when you are a huge fan of Peppa Pig and you have doot doot boots....you just gotta go jump in muddy puddles!  "Everyone loves to jump in muddy puddles!"  :p

IMG_20190704_181050.jpg