Hello from South Africa

Fkendall

I bought a Thornhill House nearly 20 years ago!  I began work on it, then moved and didn't have space. Now I'm retired with a beautiful big studio to work in I've returned to it. It's my first dollhouse and was probably overly ambitious, but I have never been one to hesitate! I look forward to being part of this community and getting help when needed. My first difficulty is the shingles I attached 20 years ago are a completely different colour from the ones I'm applying now. Don't know what to do about that!

IMG_5481.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fkendall said:

I bought a Thornhill House nearly 20 years ago!  I began work on it, then moved and didn't have space. Now I'm retired with a beautiful big studio to work in I've returned to it. It's my first dollhouse and was probably overly ambitious, but I have never been one to hesitate! I look forward to being part of this community and getting help when needed. My first difficulty is the shingles I attached 20 years ago are a completely different colour from the ones I'm applying now. Don't know what to do about that!

Hello, Frances. Welcome to the forum. :)

Regarding the shingles ... might paint or stain help to even out the colors?

• Like 2

Welcome to the little family, Frances.  You got some excellent suggestions from Kathie in your other post.  I reported your duplicate, hopefully they will merge it so we can see your pretty house.

• Like 1

Welcome! I got rid of the duplicate post. The Thornhill is a great house, I hope you'll post pictures of your progress. I have this kit in 1:24 scale but have no idea when I'll get to it.

• Like 1

Hello Emily (Fov) I saw in another thread you had a Thornhill and was hoping you were working on it so I could get some advice! But I see you haven't got to it yet. 

• 9 months later...

I have done a fair bit of work on my Thornhill since first posting. The exterior complete except for front stairs for which I plan to make ceramic tiles, and the garden. Starting on the interior now. Lockdown a perfect time for this!

4BBE7FE4-812D-411B-AFE3-15A2CD3FB81F.jpeg

• Like 1

I had a cupboard/stand made for my Thornhill. The cupboard has space for my materials and collected furniture and is on wheels. The house rotates on a board on the top. Works beautifully!03307168-4C71-4CAE-93E9-9657B191CD53.jpeg.b1bde59e53cc6d371ab9bb303929aba2.jpeg

• Like 2