Finally finished my Sagamore Hill Library room box

13 posts in this topic

Finally finished the Sagamore Hill Library room box in half scale.  It took 16 months, which was a little longer than the year I predicted at the outset. :) For my final set of pictures, I included some comparison shots with the real room.  You can see them here:   http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=8269   

7 people like this

That is beautiful! I love how you contrasted a real-life picture with your recreation of it. Makes it doubly impressive. Brava!

1 person likes this

Deborah, what a marvelous result --- definitely time well spent. :) 

1 person likes this

Who cares how long it took?  You so totally nailed it!

1 person likes this

I love it! Great job! :clap:

1 person likes this

The comparison photos are as delightful as your brilliant execution of this roombox.  Bravo my friend!

1 person likes this

Such beautiful workmanship! I love all the details. Nice!

1 person likes this

You did such an amazing job!!  So many perfect details!!  

Did you scratch build Teddy's desk?  

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Call Me Crazy said:

You did such an amazing job!!  So many perfect details!!  

Did you scratch build Teddy's desk?  

Thank you!  All the furniture in there is scratch built. It was an exercise to improve my skills.  :)

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Jewliebeads said:

Absolutely beautiful!

Thank you!

On 1/29/2020, 10:51:06, Debsrand56 said:

Thank you!  All the furniture in there is scratch built. It was an exercise to improve my skills.  :)

Wow!!  That's fantastic!!  :clap:

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• Half Scale Furniture Kits - who makes your favorites?
      By Call Me Crazy
      So, half-scale furniture.  What's out there for purchase is getting limited as manufacturers close down or discontinue production.  What I see for sale is overly ornate, not the style I want, or too niche.  I could be wrong, but I think most of us are building houses, not shops or dentist offices.
      Some of you have the skill to make your own furniture.  I built a passable corner cabinet, but my crafting skills aren't that great and I have very limited tools.
      That brings me to kits.  I've made a few by Cassidy Creations that have come out great, but too often those kits have missing pieces, pieces the wrong size, and confusing/wrong instructions.
      There are some great sellers on Etsy making laser-cut kits.  Those I've made successfully were from RedCottageMiniatures, SDKMiniatures, MelissasMiniWereld, and HalfScaleMiniatures.
      I'm curious to know whose kits have others had success with.  Do you have a favorite designer/seller?  What do you like best about the kits?

• Hello!
      By Call Me Crazy
      When I was a teen I asked for a dollhouse for Christmas.  My parents got me a 1:12 farmhouse and I had the best time building it all by myself.  Sadly, it came to a tragic end when one of my brother's friends accidentally sat on it.
      I gave all the furniture to a friend and didn't think about building another until January 2019 (over 30 years later).
      I'm not even sure now what sparked the idea of getting back into the hobby.  Something reminded me of my old dollhouse and I started searching Google for pictures of what others have created.  There are so many talented miniaturists out there!!  I'm both inspired and a little intimidated by their talents.
      Once I decided to build a new dollhouse, I looked at all the various kits available and just fell in love with the Fairfield.  The way it's set up like a real complete house really spoke to me.
      The scarcity of furniture, accessories, etc. is a major frustration, but I'm up for the challenge.  I've found a few nice pieces and built some kits.  Necessity has forced me to decorate first before the house is actually built because I see how fast 1:24 items are disappearing.
      Eventually I'll create a gallery. If I can figure out how. 
    • Maison Ginny — Red Cottage Miniatures Hill View
      By Dalesq
      Yesterday was an abundance of minis! It really doesn’t get any better than that, just sayin'.
      Not only did I get the wonderful handbag and book from Deborah (Debsrand56), I also got the new kit I’d ordered from Shannon at Red Cottage Miniatures (shannonc60). So I dove right in and started dry fitting.

• 1:24 moldings?
      By Antigona
      Hi!!
      It's been almost two weeks since I ordered my first dollhouse and I already recieved it and dry fitted yay!
      Right now I'm dissasembling everything as I decide any modifications on rooms and so on. But I need some help on moldings.
      I already have some wallpapers ready to print, but I would like to know where can I buy 1:24 moldings? All I can find (at least near me) are 1:12 moldings (crown molded or simple).
      Do you have any idea and tips?
      Thank you!
    • Half Scale Greenleaf Tennyson
      By heidiiiii
      Last year I difficult as I dealt with breast cancer diagnosis, surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation. I had lost myself for many years to illness but I am different now. I want to try to get back into what I liked to do. I am going to start with this little Tenny. I have to try to coax my muse out from under the floor boards so we can start to get some ideas. First step, clean off the table.