Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Finally finished my Sagamore Hill Library room box

8 posts in this topic

Finally finished the Sagamore Hill Library room box in half scale.  It took 16 months, which was a little longer than the year I predicted at the outset. :) For my final set of pictures, I included some comparison shots with the real room.  You can see them here:   http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=8269   

5 people like this

That is beautiful! I love how you contrasted a real-life picture with your recreation of it. Makes it doubly impressive. Brava!

1 person likes this

Deborah, what a marvelous result --- definitely time well spent. :) 

1 person likes this

Who cares how long it took?  You so totally nailed it!

1 person likes this

I love it! Great job! :clap:

1 person likes this

The comparison photos are as delightful as your brilliant execution of this roombox.  Bravo my friend!

1 person likes this

Such beautiful workmanship! I love all the details. Nice!

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• Maison Ginny — Red Cottage Miniatures Hill View
      By Dalesq
      Yesterday was an abundance of minis! It really doesn’t get any better than that, just sayin'.
      Not only did I get the wonderful handbag and book from Deborah (Debsrand56), I also got the new kit I’d ordered from Shannon at Red Cottage Miniatures (shannonc60). So I dove right in and started dry fitting.

• 1:24 moldings?
      By Antigona
      Hi!!
      It's been almost two weeks since I ordered my first dollhouse and I already recieved it and dry fitted yay!
      Right now I'm dissasembling everything as I decide any modifications on rooms and so on. But I need some help on moldings.
      I already have some wallpapers ready to print, but I would like to know where can I buy 1:24 moldings? All I can find (at least near me) are 1:12 moldings (crown molded or simple).
      Do you have any idea and tips?
      Thank you!
    • Half Scale Greenleaf Tennyson
      By heidiiiii
      Last year I difficult as I dealt with breast cancer diagnosis, surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation. I had lost myself for many years to illness but I am different now. I want to try to get back into what I liked to do. I am going to start with this little Tenny. I have to try to coax my muse out from under the floor boards so we can start to get some ideas. First step, clean off the table. 
    • Did I Mess Up? I sanded: Oh, NO!
      By HalfScaleDollhouseLOVER
      Hello,
      I've been reading that a person should not sand before painting with at least a primer. But my half scale RGT Front-opening Country Victorian arrived so rough and I was getting splinters from handling it. Besides I heard that Brown paper can be used to sand a dollhouse and my kit arrived covered in the stuff. I thought it would be the best to kill two birds with one stone and I used the brown paper to sand it down.
      Some pieces are still a little tougher than I would have liked, but I just saw the recommendation that a person not sand until after painting a first coat.
      Did I ruin my kit?
      So concerned! Thank you!
    • How Do I Create A Marble Look on Countertops?
      By HalfScaleDollhouseLOVER
      I'm buying a lovely safe colored kitchen set in 1:24 scale that was made by Bespaq, but I would like to make the date counters a different color from the cabinets.
      White marble is what I'm thinking of, but black marble is also a possibility. I won't know for sure until the set arrives and I try out some marble techniques on some card paper.
      How do I go about this?