New from East TN

Hello everyone!  I have a 41 year old three level victorian style dollhouse that my parents put together piece by piece for me when I was 5 years old.  It has traveled around since then and is in desperate need of attention.  I dont know the style of the dollhouse and hoping to find that out  here.  I am also searching for some missing people in the set that came with it.  The dollhouse was purchased from a JCPenny catalog in 1978.  Pictures will be posted soon.  Look forward to learning alot here.  I'm from southwestern Indiana but live in beautiful East Tennessee now.

• Like 1

Actually I just found the ad!!! ts from the 1980 JC Penny Catalog!  I thought I was close to 5 when I got it but nonetheless here it is.  I'm missing a few of the people in this set and hoping I can find the replacements.  I'm so excited to share my old house. I've already got alot of inspiration in the short few hours I've joined!  How am I supposed to upload pics.... system keeps saying its too big.  Im going to try posting in a new post. These are just sample pics I found. going to post my real house tonight! 

So excited to meet and discuss dollhouses with everyone.  No one I know besides my mom, cares. hahaa

Edited by baybeelov32
  • Like 1

Welcome to the little family, Christina.  More years ago than I care to remember we lived briefly just outside Chattanooga; TN is a gorgeous state.  When you have made 5 posts you can make an album of your renovation with "before" and "after" pictures.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone!  Havanaholly I'm in Knoxville. I have been to Chattanooga once and absolutely loved it.  Everyday is pretty much a post card here, it took me two years to get used to all the curves though (seriously) haha.  Midlife madness I have been searching ebay but Im not sure I'm searching for the right thing.  Im happy to have found the ad.. I know they are out there somewhere.

7 hours ago, baybeelov32 said:

...it took me two years to get used to all the curves though...

We lived on Signal Mountain and used to do most of our shopping in Red Bank.  The direct route was the W Road because that was the first set of curves to get down the mountain on that side.