Miniatures in Marble

jaxenro

Hello

New member from Georgia USA. As the name implies I like miniatures and also classical and neo-classical art and architecture so I am combining my two passions into one. I am currently starting on a shop in 1:12 scale that will house my miniature marble sculptures and busts for sale. Time frame would probably be Regency England so the height of the neo-classical period. 

• Like 2

Welcome to the little family, Joel.  Where in GA are you?  When you have made five posts you can open an album in the gallery to show your little marbles.  A shop in Tarpon Springs used to sell mini copies of Greek marble statues, but not in 1:12; Jasmine Hill gardens in Wetumpka, AL, has full-size copies of many famous classical Greek sculptures.

I am in the Gainesville area. The process I am using is to have the the miniature made in 3D art, printed, a mold made, than cast using my special mix. Then clean up the casting, polish to bring out the highlights, etc. I am trying to duplicate the look of Carrara marble

At some point I will probably be offering some for sale in order to offset the cost of developing each design

• Like 1

'Way back shortly after the Cretaceous Extinction we used to live at the end of Enota Drive.  We went back to Gainesville one day whilst hiking the various local waterfalls and it had changed considerably!  As we were eating lunch we suddenly realized the restaurant used to be Nickleback's Shoes, and all the other local stores had similarly transformed.  It's still IMO a most gorgeous place.