Painting

Swarm

8 hours ago, WBrownIV said:

... sometimes I wish it was finished. Does that make me a bad person?:dunno:

On 7/30/2019, 10:04:06, havanaholly said:

<ignore this ... dunno where it came from :hmm: 

Bill, there isn't a day goes by that I don't wish the Beacon Hill to be done so I can move on to the Pierce/Bohemian Inn. We're just forward-thinking, creative people. 

15 hours ago, KathieB said:

Bill, there isn't a day goes by that I don't wish the Beacon Hill to be done so I can move on to the Pierce/Bohemian Inn. We're just forward-thinking, creative people. 

Well that's a relief :)

Can I assume the longer a project takes, does the quality of work start to slide down as one starts to hurry it's completion? I imagine putting one's heart and soul into every detail to get it just right. But, as time goes on, do you start finding yourself becoming less creative/ambitious in what you wanted to do just to hurry it on? I do see myself falling into that category at times. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WBrownIV said:

Can I assume the longer a project takes, does the quality of work start to slide down as one starts to hurry it's completion? I imagine putting one's heart and soul into every detail to get it just right. But, as time goes on, do you start finding yourself becoming less creative/ambitious in what you wanted to do just to hurry it on? I do see myself falling into that category at times. 

No, I used to walk away and work on 1:1 projects until the house started talking to me again.  This last prescription med plus the slowness of recovering my former energy levels before my pacemaker replacement a couple of years ago has unexpectedly sapped me, so I find being up to going out to the workshop is a real, rare treat!

6 hours ago, WBrownIV said:

I've found it helps to have two projects going at the same time. If I get frustrated or bored (like applying 1/4" lap siding one teeny strip at a time, AAUUUGGHHH!!!), I can go do something different on the other project and forget about the tedious one for a while.

18 hours ago, havanaholly said:

No, I used to walk away and work on 1:1 projects until the house started talking to me again.  This last prescription med plus the slowness of recovering my former energy levels before my pacemaker replacement a couple of years ago has unexpectedly sapped me, so I find being up to going out to the workshop is a real, rare treat!

I can totally understand that Holly! Having low/no energy is no picnic! I also suffer from lack of energy but not on the level you are. I may only get to work on the trailer on the weekends as I'm pretty well spent after work. Oh to be young again! :)

13 hours ago, Kells said:

I've found it helps to have two projects going at the same time. If I get frustrated or bored (like applying 1/4" lap siding one teeny strip at a time, AAUUUGGHHH!!!), I can go do something different on the other project and forget about the tedious one for a while.

Kells I have actually started experimenting doing that. During the Amazon Prime sales I ended up getting some laser cut wood kits that require no glue. One is a movie camera that actually projects a mini movie of Charlie Chaplain dancing! When I would get frustrated with the trailer I would do a few steps on the camera. The trick for me would be one big project and one small. I think I would get overloaded with two big ones going on at the same time!

Since my current build is a Brimble's Mercantile I made furniture for the owner's apartment upstairs (I still have to make stove, fridge & sink for the kitchen) and working on merchandise and thinking about store fixtures for display.

On 7/31/2019, 9:05:59, WBrownIV said:

Why thank you Holly! I will really be happy when I can post photo's of the finished project! 

Thank you Bobie! I was looking at your gallery photos of your awesome trailer just today! I was telling myself " look.....this is what one of these looks like FINISHED:)

I've really learned a lot doing the trailer but sometimes I wish it was finished. Does that make me a bad person?:dunno: 

:)

Looking back there's things I would have done different - but I had to make that super quick. On Thanksgiving Day my daughter asked for it for Christmas - so in between all the holiday craziness I made that with mostly whatever I had on hand and in my stock of furniture/accessories. She wanted retro style so the only thing I specifically bought for it was that old fashioned red step ladder - which I got online and cost more than the kit LOLOLOL.

For two years I had a major March deadline and just couldn’t focus on getting the project completed. So in January I packed everything up and and brought it to my vacation home in Vero Beach, Fl and worked on them night and day. No home distractions, just focus. Those two houses are my favorites. 

10 hours ago, Island-Shack said:

Looking back there's things I would have done different - but I had to make that super quick. On Thanksgiving Day my daughter asked for it for Christmas - so in between all the holiday craziness I made that with mostly whatever I had on hand and in my stock of furniture/accessories. She wanted retro style so the only thing I specifically bought for it was that old fashioned red step ladder - which I got online and cost more than the kit LOLOLOL.

Holy Cow! You did an amazing job in such little time! I've been trying to stay on task so I can finish it in a timely manner. 

The urgency to complete this project has gone up as my father has recently been diagnosed with bladder cancer. Now I need to get it finished sooner than later.

8 hours ago, Sable said:

For two years I had a major March deadline and just couldn’t focus on getting the project completed. So in January I packed everything up and and brought it to my vacation home in Vero Beach, Fl and worked on them night and day. No home distractions, just focus. Those two houses are my favorites. 

It's amazing what one can accomplish with laser focus and zero distractions!