I started my Newport today.

12 posts in this topic

So I decided to start building my Newport today. I've had it for about a year or so. I got it off of ebay for about half the price =) It comes with a bunch of wallpaper as well which is a nice bonus. 

Got the first floor of the shell done. =) My nephew helped with the bay part as I have trouble with those darn pieces they fit into. They look the same to me =p 

ash

IMG_0641.jpg

1 person likes this

Has it told you how it wants you to finish its floors?  Good on your nephew!

I'm not sure. I might do iron on veneer but would be nice to have real wood flooring. I just don't want to cut a million pieces of wood again haha

(Psst, iron-on veneer IS real wood...)

1 person likes this

Wow Amanda! I can't wait to see it all come together.

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, havanaholly said:

(Psst, iron-on veneer IS real wood...)

oh lol 

Very pretty color! I love the Newport; one of my favorites!!

1 person likes this

ok So I moved onto the second floor but there is a problem. One of the peices for the bay window is bigger than it's supposed to be so now the whole second floor is over to the right more than it should be. So now the tower and first floor don't line up with the second floor.. I'm also missing the room divider for the bay window room on the first floor. 

Do you think it matters? Does it look awful?

IMG_0645.jpg

ok well I got the door in, the trim on, and the roof on =) I have to order wallpaper and flooring so not a lot to do right now.I can build the windows but that's it about it for now. The windows have yellowed and i messaged rgt's facebook page to ask if it's possible to get replacements but no answer so far.

On 7/30/2019, 5:11:44, asherah said:

Do you think it matters? Does it look awful?

That is so strange. Can you take the the first floor piece and use it as a guide to trim the second floor piece?

I probably would not have picked up on it if you hadn't pointed it out.

well i think if i trim it that the edges beside the window opening will be really thin.  I might ask my handyman, maybe he can trim it. I don't know if the previous owner of the kit replaced it with the wrong one or what. I'm also missing a room divider but that's not such a big deal.

Also  I would have to take it apart .. ugh.. heh. we will see.

i'm dumb and realised that it's the tower piece that's too big. If i can get it apart I can get a new piece from rgt.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now