I started my Newport today.

asherah

So I decided to start building my Newport today. I've had it for about a year or so. I got it off of ebay for about half the price =) It comes with a bunch of wallpaper as well which is a nice bonus. 

Got the first floor of the shell done. =) My nephew helped with the bay part as I have trouble with those darn pieces they fit into. They look the same to me =p 

ash

IMG_0641.jpg

• Like 1

ok So I moved onto the second floor but there is a problem. One of the peices for the bay window is bigger than it's supposed to be so now the whole second floor is over to the right more than it should be. So now the tower and first floor don't line up with the second floor.. I'm also missing the room divider for the bay window room on the first floor. 

Do you think it matters? Does it look awful?

IMG_0645.jpg

ok well I got the door in, the trim on, and the roof on =) I have to order wallpaper and flooring so not a lot to do right now.I can build the windows but that's it about it for now. The windows have yellowed and i messaged rgt's facebook page to ask if it's possible to get replacements but no answer so far.

On 7/30/2019, 5:11:44, asherah said:

Do you think it matters? Does it look awful?

That is so strange. Can you take the the first floor piece and use it as a guide to trim the second floor piece?

I probably would not have picked up on it if you hadn't pointed it out.

well i think if i trim it that the edges beside the window opening will be really thin.  I might ask my handyman, maybe he can trim it. I don't know if the previous owner of the kit replaced it with the wrong one or what. I'm also missing a room divider but that's not such a big deal.

Also  I would have to take it apart .. ugh.. heh. we will see.

• 2 weeks later...