My first real dollhouse-Pepperwood Farm

FurMama

On a trip to  Myrtle Beach, SC we shopped at a place that had miniatures. My dad bought a plan book for a townhouse only to discover once we had returned home that the pages were duplicated and others missing. He contacted the shop and they exchanged that book for Pepperwood Farm. He and Mama had great fun papering and painting. I got to choose a few things in those early days. The house is made of Fir plywood and he made all the trim inside and out. I started rehabbing it years ago shortly before he passed. I was going for a more realistic less plaything look but kinda lost interest without him. It survived the 1000 year flood that hit SC and my hobby house a few years ago. I've been restoring the smaller houses I have. This big girl is next. 

20190803_192742.jpg

• Like 2

Yes, I will post pictures. Especially since I figured out how to change the camera settings on my phone. The battery charger for my real camera has disappeared, probably became a cat toy somewhere now!

This is the inside front: living room, hallway, upstairs master and bath. First things to attack are these orange floors! I removed all the wallpaper, floorpaper and old trim around the doors and baseboards in 2001. That was an ordeal. It was paper that I think we ordered from the Green Door Studio and had been glued onto some kind of grey almost chipboard looking cardboard  and then to the wall. The walls are now a fine textured paint which I think I will leave since I remember scratching some of the walls in removing the paper. Now I need to find those instructions for making a gallery on here. 

20181105_182326.jpeg

strip whatever those floors are sealed with and sand them and stain them to improve the color. and if you seal them again use a semi-gloss or matte finish; seeing a reflection might be impressive in 1:1 but in 1:12 it's just too much.

Yes stripping is definitely on the agenda first. They were not stained as I recall only sealed. That's just 19 years of aging that colored them so hopefully I will have a fresh palate start with. Thanks for the tips on gloss and color! 

Another Pepperwood! :clap:

It's funny how they are usually that unfortunate 1970's mustard yellow as was on the plan book....but I am loving your light yellow and crisp white trim!  It looks so well done- mine was a mess when I bought it.

Have fun with the reno!  Looking forward to more pics!

@ FurMama - Lisa, if you click on my avatar it will take you to my profile page.  Click on ALBUMS and scroll down-you will see my Pepperwood.  Mine isn't much more than a stripped shell at this point, so not much to look at.  You could also google "Pepperwood Farm dollhouse" to find other examples online. There is someone on one of my Facebook groups that has a lovely white one.