Midcentury ? Identify please?

smjsome

Yup- a nicely intact Highland!  :p  Little rough on the outside, but that's an easy enough fix!   Sure hope it is in your possession!  It's a great house!  I love my Highland.....now if I can just find some time to work on finishing it.....

• Like 2

I did get it!  I’m visiting my daughter and flying home so it’s going to live with with her for a few months.  

Thank you you so much!  

wait, the tower on front is part of it!  I thought they’d added it on

• Like 2

And yup- that "silo" as they called it- is part of the design.  :)  

I saved the picture of the backside of yours.... I think THAT was an original idea!  Mine is just a solid back.  I kinda like the idea of a triangle window back there to throw some more light down into that bump out on the second floor.  I was thinking that space on the second floor bedroom would become a sitting area, or even the spot for my mid-century modern wood stove.  The upstairs needs a little coziness too!  ;)

• Like 1

It's a cool house with a lot of potential. I think the staircase is by Classics, not Lawbre. You can tell by the newel posts.

Classics:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spiral-Staircase-Classic-Wood-Dollhouse-Miniature-Simple-Design/143217237576

Lawbre:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse-Miniature-Lawbre-Staircase-Assembled-Curved-2-Rails-Right-Curve-1-12/293174151376

• Like 1

Um, Kells, those are both Lawbre staircases in your post. The first one is their regular curved staircase and the second one is their fancy curved staircase. I don't know why the seller said Classic in her ad. Either she didn't know it was a Lawbre (some people just do a search for curved staircase and Classic will come up) or she's simply saying its a classic curved staircase.

The difference is in the curve. The Classics curved staircases makes a 45° turn from top to bottom. The Lawbre staircase gives you just a little extra turn. With a Classics staircase, you start down the staircase going west and end up facing south. With the Lawbre one, you start down the staircase going west and end up facing southeast. That's the best way I can describe it. The Lawbre staircase also has 13 steps compared to the Classic staircase which has 12.

Actually, if anyone is interested in those Lawbre staircases, it's a heck of a good buy for either of them (good find, Kells!). The regular one is $172 and the fancy one is going for $209 on the Lawbre web page. So $40 and $99, respectively, is a pretty sweet deal.

Here's a Classic:

Classic.thumb.jpg.e4d405acaa9e729f3f8fa1

This is the Lawbre:

Lawbre.thumb.jpg.f6701b12fd745bccfddaf71

• Like 3

I like the straight posts on the first staircase.  Can't say I ever saw that Lawbre set before.  I am using the original stairs for my Highland- I designed the railing after "The Brady Bunch" house.  :ohyeah: 

• Like 1

Ah, that's right about the staircase. The one that came with my Rosedawn has the turned newel post. I forgot they even did one with the straight post. That extra little bit in the curve is always the identifier. It's a nice touch and more accurate to how those were built IRL. If I needed a staircase, I'd be snapping up that misidentified one for $40!

• Like 1

On 8/7/2019, 12:43:52, Kells said:

Ah, that's right about the staircase. The one that came with my Rosedawn has the turned newel post. I forgot they even did one with the straight post. That extra little bit in the curve is always the identifier. It's a nice touch and more accurate to how those were built IRL. If I needed a staircase, I'd be snapping up that misidentified one for $40!

I got one of the fancy ones for only $40 once because the seller didn't know what she had. And I was mean enough not to tell her. I'm still ashamed of that. Sort of.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

I got one of the fancy ones for only $40 once because the seller didn't know what she had. And I was mean enough not to tell her. I'm still ashamed of that. Sort of.

Guilt/Shame. P'shaw. If you didn't hold a gun to anyone's head, it ain't stealin'. I've got a few unbelievable bargains on dollhouses. I figure I did the sellers a favor taking them off their hands and freeing up space for them. :D