Dollarama has mini furniture

tyshalae

I was at my local Dollarama today to get some stuff for camping and took a wander down the craft aisle as usual. 

They were putting out new stock and there's a line of Mini Furniture painting sets for $1.50 each. Unpainted wood, a really horrible brush and 3 little pots of primary coloured paint. The quality is not great, but with some work, some love, some good paint and such I think I can produce something I can use.

The scale is... I don't think there is a coherent scale really. I decorate my houses in a mishmash of homemade and store bought stuff, some of it Calico Critters scale, some of it 1/12, so I don't worry so much about scale personally. Some of the items seem to be 1/12 or close, others are totally wonky, so there really isn't even consistency among the collection.

I got an oval shaped table, a cradle, a hutch, a dresser and a console table. There was also a vanity table and a few other items that really didn't appeal to me. 

edit to add: They appear to have been constructed with great gobs of hot glue... I love a challenge.

Edited by tyshalae
  • Like 1

Oh! That's a good idea!

I've sanded everything to within an inch of its life, and took apart and reassembled the cradle into a much cuter cradle. In fact I want to grab a few more of those next time I'm there.