Finished 18th c Pennsylvania stone house

20 posts in this topic

My last 1:12 scale house is complete and my studio is all clean and tidy. Here are a few photos of the house, more are on my webpage, together with the tutorial I made earlier this year about doing the stonework.

1.JPG

8.JPG

11.JPG

7 people like this

LOVE everything about this house. Nice job!

Grazhe, you've done it again!

What a charming cottage! Thank you for explaining how you accomplished that realistic stone work in your blog. I stand in awe. Thank you as well for the tip about Black slick Tulip brand fabric paint -- when you want to create a shape, what do you paint on? Waxed paper? Ceramic plate or tile?

Thank you, everyone!

6 hours ago, KathieB said:

What a charming cottage! Thank you for explaining how you accomplished that realistic stone work in your blog. I stand in awe. Thank you as well for the tip about Black slick Tulip brand fabric paint -- when you want to create a shape, what do you paint on? Waxed paper? Ceramic plate or tile?

Kathie, while thinking of how to do the next thing, and idly picking at little bits of dried glue and paint on a plastic plate which  I was using as a palette, when the Tulip paint easily came off. I grabbed a scrap of acetate I had and started drawing out some small squiggly shapes, let them dry and huzzah - they peeled right off.  

2 hours ago, grazhina said:

Thank you, everyone!

Kathie, while thinking of how to do the next thing, and idly picking at little bits of dried glue and paint on a plastic plate which  I was using as a palette, when the Tulip paint easily came off. I grabbed a scrap of acetate I had and started drawing out some small squiggly shapes, let them dry and huzzah - they peeled right off.  

Thank you! What a great technique to have in our arsenal of using materials the way the manufacturer never intended. :D 

Well  DOH!  I have used the white Tulip paint to "frost" button cakes, but I see the black in my future.

It’s gorgeous! I particularly live your roof line, shingle work and the board and batten treatment you have given the bedroom:clap:

I remember you working on the fireplace. Lovely to see it all come together. Excellent job!

What a beautiful wee cottage!  I love everything about it - but particularly the beams, brickwork and stonework and the wooden paneling!  Now off to look at your website!  :wave::D

Oh, I love it!  :clap:  It reminds of many historic properties I've toured over the years. Beautifully done!

Inspiring is the best word I can use to describe it. You inspire me by showing what's possible. I love every inch of it.

You should see Grazhe's mini paintings!