Finished 18th c Pennsylvania stone house

grazhina

What a charming cottage! Thank you for explaining how you accomplished that realistic stone work in your blog. I stand in awe. Thank you as well for the tip about Black slick Tulip brand fabric paint -- when you want to create a shape, what do you paint on? Waxed paper? Ceramic plate or tile?

Thank you, everyone!

6 hours ago, KathieB said:

What a charming cottage! Thank you for explaining how you accomplished that realistic stone work in your blog. I stand in awe. Thank you as well for the tip about Black slick Tulip brand fabric paint -- when you want to create a shape, what do you paint on? Waxed paper? Ceramic plate or tile?

Kathie, while thinking of how to do the next thing, and idly picking at little bits of dried glue and paint on a plastic plate which  I was using as a palette, when the Tulip paint easily came off. I grabbed a scrap of acetate I had and started drawing out some small squiggly shapes, let them dry and huzzah - they peeled right off.  

2 hours ago, grazhina said:

Thank you, everyone!

Kathie, while thinking of how to do the next thing, and idly picking at little bits of dried glue and paint on a plastic plate which  I was using as a palette, when the Tulip paint easily came off. I grabbed a scrap of acetate I had and started drawing out some small squiggly shapes, let them dry and huzzah - they peeled right off.  

Thank you! What a great technique to have in our arsenal of using materials the way the manufacturer never intended. :D 

What a beautiful wee cottage!  I love everything about it - but particularly the beams, brickwork and stonework and the wooden paneling!  Now off to look at your website!  :wave::D