Garfield kitchen door wall

Mr. Bad Example

Anybody else have an issue with this part?  The kitchen door wall (sheet 8) doesn't match with the left wall/back section (sheet 13).  The only way I can make them fit puts the kitchen door wall at about a 30o angle.  Additionally, there are significant differences between the kitchen door wall on the instruction sheet, and the actual part.  I have a wood shop and could probably jury rig a solution but I'm afraid that will come back to haunt me later on.  Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

I've built two Garfields (one inverted). 

Did you put in the Front Wall Right section (Sheet 8)?  It will create an angled corner in the middle room.  Also, you should end up with a narrow "hall" out of the kitchen to the outside door.  Part of the wall for this is the angled wall mentioned above.  This angled wall is not visible at all from the outside of the house as you should end up with 90 degree angles.  This hall is also hard to see in pictures because it is so narrow so it can be a little confusing when building it.

If this doesn't help, I may be able to help you further if you can attach pictures of the problem that you are having.

This album may also help you as the person has detailed pictures of every step.   http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?s=8c52ca49fbc0f0d490e332b609574b55&app=gallery&album=247

Hi Khadi - Thank you for your prompt response. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.  I had previously installed the Front Wall Right Section with no problem; my problem is in the kitchen door wall, which is on the left side.  I was just experimenting and I found that if I assume that the slot in the left wall is misplaced, all is well.  Greenleaf is not perfect (the diagram of the kitchen door wall has significant differences from the actual), so I think if I follow my instincts and remove one tab from the kitchen door wall, we'll be good to go.  The misplaced slot will be covered with wallpaper.

Once again, thanks for your help.

• Like 1