Beacon Hill

Michelle B

Thank you, Kathie.   I would like to share those, but I had a tough time uploading the one that I posted.   It seems that they have to be really small in order to do that.  You would think the tech department for this website/forum would allow larger photos to actually show miniatures in detail!   My plan is to try some more later.   Have a great day!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michelle B said:

Thank you, Kathie.   I would like to share those, but I had a tough time uploading the one that I posted.   It seems that they have to be really small in order to do that.  You would think the tech department for this website/forum would allow larger photos to actually show miniatures in detail!   My plan is to try some more later.   Have a great day!

I'm surprised you were able to post even one. I think the rule is that a member can't post pictures until they've made five posts? You've got two, just go comment on three threads that interest you and then you should be able to post more. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Nice job on the Beacon Hill btw! That is such a pretty house, it's always nice to see it done well. :) I also am looking forward to seeing more pictures. You may want to create a gallery rather than putting them all into this thread. You can post the link to the gallery once you've created it and have an URL. I don't think there are limitations on gallery postings but, again, someone probably knows more than I how this forum works.

1 hour ago, Kells said:

I think the rule is that a member can't post pictures until they've made five posts?

After 5 posts it is possible to open a gallery. Individual photos can be posted in a message with fewer posts, but it is a challenge, as Michelle discovered.

Once an album in the gallery is opened, it is a a good idea to post a link to it in a message rather than photos. There is a limit to how many photos can be shared in messages; there is no limit to the number of photos posted in gallery albums. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KathieB said:

After 5 posts it is possible to open a gallery. Individual photos can be posted in a message with fewer posts, but it is a challenge, as Michelle discovered.

Once an album in the gallery is opened, it is a a good idea to post a link to it in a message rather than photos. There is a limit to how many photos can be shared in messages; there is no limit to the number of photos posted in gallery albums. 

See, I knew someone would know better than I how this all works. Thanks Kathie!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure what it refers to in your instructions but perhaps sanding one piece a bit so it will fit into another. Trim could also refer to the outside decorations on the house itself but don't think you are at that point yet. Have you  visited moreminis.blogspot.com? There are step by step pictures for many houses including Beacon Hill. It is a great reference!

9 hours ago, Biokleen said:

Michelle, 

I am working on my own Beacon Hill first time first house and have a question regarding the build. What does it mean to "Trim" the pieces? I am not even sure what the trim is.

With die-cut kits it sometimes is necessary to sand or lightly shave the tabs or slots or abutting edges to ensure a perfect fit.  Invest in a roll or two of masking tape or blue painters' tape and dry fit your sections together before committing to glue.  In addition to getting things to fit together correctly, putting the house into dry fit will show you where problems accessing to decorate later on (like stairwells) are likely.  I find that the house will talk to me during the dry fit, telling me its back story and how it wants to look.