Hurricane Dorian

Sable

My Husbands best friends are nearly finished building a beach house in New Smyrna Beach and they are starting to worry. I hope it misses you Sable and that you can get those shutters installed before any more storms form. 

Looks like either way it goes both of my properties will be impacted. We are bringing out the steel panels today to stage them for installation tomorrow on my main house near Ft Lauderdale. We have a solid concrete block house with heavy concrete tile roof and a new hurricane rated garage door and of course the steel shutters.  I went up to Vero Beach on Wednesday to bring in the patio furniture and assorted beach stuff (paddle boards, beach cart). We have a heavy metal roof on that house, impact glass windows and a large condo protects part of the property. Jim Cantorie(sp) from the Weather Channel is in Vero Beach so I can get news about that area. 

Unfortunately, this might be the storm Florida has dreaded the most.  Normally I would leave but this storm leaves me no choices on where to go so we will be hunkered down. 

Yeah - it's made our news today....they're saying it may be a category 4 when it reaches landfall.  Good luck Sable - I hope it mellows and turns away.  I know here - although we don't have many big weather events, often when they're forecasting something huge it doesn't end up coming to anything.  Hopefully that will be the same for you with Dorian!  Thinking of you. xx

The latest storm track on our weather shows landfall forecast for my old home town, West Palm Beach.  Stay safe, everybody on the east coast!

Update: it's up to Cat5 already; anyone who can, get to shelter!

On 9/1/2019, 1:36:12, havanaholly said:

The latest storm track on our weather shows landfall forecast for my old home town, West Palm Beach.  Stay safe, everybody on the east coast!

Update: it's up to Cat5 already; anyone who can, get to shelter!

Holly, your old town did just fine. Just some blustery winds and beach erosion. 

8 hours ago, Sable said:

Holly, your old town did just fine. Just some blustery winds and beach erosion. 

I saw that.  Some time I'll have to share a story about my next-to-last trip to visit my mom and the beach...