Dollhouse Suggestion for Dad and 4yr old Daughter?

Fxguy1

I think you made a great choice. You are great Dad! I think you will enjoy building it as much as she will enjoy playing with it. Please start an album here so we can watch your progress. You can also save the pictures for your daughter to look back on.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sable said:

May I suggest you paint the entire interior with a nice washable paint. Then paper each room with only one accent wall to give the room an identity. Hobby Lobby has tons of craft paper for this purpose. The tricky decision will be deciding how to decorate the tower now. Cause it will be difficult to change it out in the future. Personally, I’d leave the gingerbread trim off until she is older.

Good advice, thanks! I was thinking the same thing about the trim. 

18 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

I think you made a great choice. You are great Dad! I think you will enjoy building it as much as she will enjoy playing with it. Please start an album here so we can watch your progress. You can also save the pictures for your daughter to look back on.

Is there a particular place here to start an album? Not sure how to go about doing that. 

1 hour ago, Fxguy1 said:

Is there a particular place here to start an album? Not sure how to go about doing that. 

I believe you can click on your Profile tab and then the Albums tab, and follow the directions from there. This relates to a laptop of desktop. I don't know about other devices. 

4 hours ago, Sable said:

The color is perfect for a painted lady. I giggled when I saw the mini work clothes. Did you expect so many pieces?

I missed the mini work clothes.  That is a pretty color; hunter green and old gold would make nice accent colors for the trims and doors.

Yeah, my daughter insisted on opening the dolls last night and promptly removed all the clothes... lol. She also insisted on Pink and Purple colors for the exterior. Thankfully Sherwin Williams Color Snap app was able to match an example we found. The main purple is Kismet and the pink accent is Dragon Passion Fruit (I think?) I have the color number if your curious. 

I was expecting that many pieces, however I was expecting the pieces (or at least a majority of the pieces) to be labeled instead of having to sticky note everything. Also how much should we paint ahead of time vs gluing together and then painting? We're painting all the clapboard exterior and we are going with just a plain white for the interior until she can decide what she wants to do with each room. 

2 minutes ago, Fxguy1 said:

...Also how much should we paint ahead of time vs gluing together and then painting? We're painting all the clapboard exterior and we are going with just a plain white for the interior until she can decide what she wants to do with each room. 

This is one of the purposes of the dry fit.  Put the carcase together with masking or painters' tape FIRST and you can see what parts you will be able to decorate as you go, which ones will need to be done before assembly ('way interior places and those your hand will never fit into once it's together) and which ones can wait until after it's built.  I find that if it hasn't already done so, the house will speak to me during the dry fit.