Does anyone need a basement for their Duracraft San Franciscan?

Crabbygirl13

Back when I started building the Duracraft San Franciscan, the one made of MDF, I decided it needed a basement, so a carpenter friend of mine cut one for me based on my specs. It's got window openings and an opening for stairs. I'm not asking any money for it, just the cost of sending it to where it would need to go. I think I can get packing materials for free. I've posted some pics, although they're not the best, but they'll give you an idea of the piece. It's made from 1/2" thick excellent quality wood. I decided to go in a different direction and didn't build the house, but I hate to just throw away the basement because someone might have use for it. So, I'll post it here and see if there are any takers. I planned on making it into a kitchen and laundry room. Two of the photos show the "Ceiling" as the floor. The stair opening is actually on the top of the structure. I have some more recent photos I can email if anyone should contact me. The center wall is not included, but you can see how the room layout would look if you added a wall. The ceiling height is 8.5" and I used the actual floor piece (MDF) from the original kit, so it matches up exactly. 

As far as components go, I had used what was shown in the photos. There's a sliding glass door by Miniature House and I used windows from Earth and Tree. If you need components, I can see what I have and we could discuss pricing on those items. But, the basement itself is free of charge to anyone who could use it.

Any questions or for more information, send me a message. I'm located in MA so if you're in the area, I can meet you with it as well. Probably a long shot, but hey, you never know!

Robin

P.S. If you wanted to make a donation for this item, I'd ask $10 that I could give to a local animal rescue.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_ee3.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_ed7.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_ed2.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_ed1.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_ece.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_ec2.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_ec3.jpg

Edited by Crabbygirl13
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

I requested removal of your donation suggestion amount, in case it violates the policy of no prices; people can PM you for a suggested donation amount.

It is no longer allowing me to edit the post, as I had edited already. Any suggestions? The item is free and there is no price, so hopefully the donation amount, which would be totally optional and not required, is not in violation? Anyhow, if anyone can help, please send me a PM.

If not...I'd be happy to remove the post and repost. :-)

Thanks!

Edited by Crabbygirl13
added info.

Sorry, I didn't see this until now, but I'm okay with the donation price being mentioned. I'm glad you found a home for the basement, it looks like it'll be a great addition to someone's San Franciscan!

• 8 months later...

Hi Holly,  I see this post was from a while ago, and I see you no longer have the basement.  I have an older Duracraft wooden house that appears to be the same layout as the San Franciscan.  I’ve been working on it during my quarantine.  I’m new to dollhouse building.  Since I’ve started the building and settled on a “theme,”  I’ve decided it really needs a basement.  When I searched for information on building a basement, your post popped up.  I was so excited to see that it was the same dollhouse I have!  Do you have any information about your basement that would be helpful for me as I build my own?

thanks,

Nancy

Edited by Nancy B

Hi Nancy - the basement is no longer available - so which house are you actually building that you’d like a basement for? And please remove your email from your post as this is an open forum and I’d hate for you to be compromised by posting your personal email 

17 hours ago, Nancy B said:

Hi Holly,  I see this post was from a while ago, and I see you no longer have the basement...

This holly never had a basement; Robin had the basement.