Halloween contest

asherah

I got the email today, pulled some stuff out of the Haunted Hangout and set up a little sort of room box in a square-ish terrarium that I've been planing to turn into a conservatory. Having a problem getting a photo that includes the entire unit plus shows enough detail of the inside. If I can get a good photo, I'll submit it just for kicks.

• Like 2

Okay ... I've narrowed it to two photos but can't decide between them. I tried to start a new album on here but couldn't find a Create New Album button. *sigh* So I did a quick entry on my blog. Check it here. Would love to know what y'all think.

What with reflections and shadows, getting any kind of a good photo for this terrarium is a challenge.

• Like 2

Kathie, is there any way to take a photo without the front of the terrarium?  Between the reflection and the shadow I don't see another way.  I seem to think our son's camera had a timer button so he could set the shot up where he wanted it and then leave the camera to include himself in the photo, sort of remotely.  Would that work for your picture?

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Kathie, is there any way to take a photo without the front of the terrarium?  Between the reflection and the shadow I don't see another way.  I seem to think our son's camera had a timer button so he could set the shot up where he wanted it and then leave the camera to include himself in the photo, sort of remotely.  Would that work for your picture?

The lid lifts for access. No way to take off the front of the terrarium. Not sure what you're suggesting about the remote thing. 

8 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Delay shutter release?

I got that ... but not sure how it would help photo quality. The shadows and reflections would still be there.

Anyway, thinking I'll submit the 2nd pic and get on with my life. :D 

Pretty much the only way to photograph window glass head-on is to set up a huge black board (matte finish), make a hole for your camera lens and take photos from behind the board.

Your Halloween scene is super fun and would be a great submission for the contest.  :) 

I thought about haunting my Bingo Hall roombox with some skeletons and such playing or doing a trick or treat scene with my old porch kit but I see some of the other entries have skeletons and there is a porch already too.  Still might do one or the other though. 

16 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

It's a Hallowe'en contest, Lisa; why not use skeletons?

Because I kinda wanted to do something different but like you said it is a Halloween contest and skeletons do lend themselves well to a miniature setting. :)

I tried to start an album but kept getting an upload failed error. Then I tried just posting a couple pictures and got kicked out of the forum. Trying one last time and then I need to get started! This is what was left of the bingo hall after too many years in the Hobby House. Practically unrecognizable.

large.20190915_124645.jpg.9792d0bd4605fe

Edited by fov
fixed image

Bad copy of a poor quality original but this is how it looked circa 1989ish. I did get an album made and it sat on the saving images section for a good ten minutes. I finally just x'd out of it. Sounds like an internet issue on my end maybe.

20190915_140712.jpg