Paint type?

Fxguy1

Is there a particular Brand or type of paint to use for our dollhouse? The instructions call for high quality semi-gloss latex enamel paints but not sure exactly what that is? I'm familiar with enamel paints (like Testors brand) and with Latex / Acrylic paints but not sure in this case what is correct. Is it simply an interior wall paint like Sherwin Williams? Curious what others use. 

32 minutes ago, Fxguy1 said:

The instructions call for high quality semi-gloss

Semi-gloss and gloss paints don't work well in this scale. They tend to reflect light, which highlights irregularities in a surface that messes up the illusion of "real" in miniature. Illusion is what we're all about. Smoke and mirrors. :)  Eggshell or satin are better choices. 

Water based paints in nearly any format work well -- interior wall paints, craft acrylics, etc. Sample sizes of colors of interior paints are a good choice.

I use acrylic craft paint mostly because it is inexpensive at Walmart, and there are a wide variety of color options available to experiment with.  I have also used latex household paint and/or primer for larger areas like ceilings.  I use a small roller for this and paint it before building the house.

• 4 weeks later...

I have used craft acyrlics on my houses like deco art and test pots of normal emulsion paint. Those little pots can go a long way. I wouldn't use enamel paint because that's usually used for model cars and planes and it dries too shiny. Gloss I wouldn't use, either for the same reason. I don't think that you can go wrong with craft paints and test pots of emulsion.

It depends.  I use flat white interior latex paint to prime with and flat, eggshell or semigloss (NEVER gloss) interior latex for other painting.  The little sampler jars from the hardware store will cover a lot of dollhouse surface.  I use artist's acrylics from the tube for custom colors, which mix nicely with the flat white interior latex paint.  If I'm going to stain I'm very careful to avoid getting any paint on any surface I want to stain.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, shalini089 said:

What comes to your mind when you think of combat shoes? Ice spread across the streets or the sounds of dry leaves getting crumpled by your sole? Either ways, combat shoes can be worn in any season, goes best in winter and autumn season.

Reported as spam

• Like 1