Where is Casey?

havanaholly

15 minutes ago, minilover62 said:

I haven't seen posts from Mike either. I hope both are all right.

I think MikeUK still reads the forum, but his health issues made him decide to leave.  I'm sure that's why we don't hear from Deb, either; but I hope someone knows that Casey is OK.

6 minutes ago, Qubanqtee said:

and does anyone know where or how @Thimble Hall is?

Again, I'm assuming Jeannine's health has kept her quiet, but I do wish someone from her family would check in to let us know she's OK, too.

You know, on a cooking forum I am on, there are two stickied threads, one titled Going MIA and one titled The Sick Room, so people who are going to be gone or are having health problems can post ahead of time. One of the long time posters there recently died and if there hadn't been a place to post that, a lot of people, including me probably, would have missed the notice.

I would also like to remind everyone here that we really are a family of sorts and it would be really appreciated if everyone could find someone who would post here and let us know if something happens to them. It doesn't have to be another member, but we do worry when someone disappears, so even a trusted friend or relative could help us out in that regard.

I went back over a thread from about 5 years ago and I was amazed at all the people posting there who aren't here any longer for whatever reason and I wish I knew what had happened to them.

@havanaholly Hi Holly,

I use to read Casey's blog quite regularly; she started cutting back her posts intentionally. If I remember correctly, she was tired of doing it, and was not ill. I was wondering about Jeannine. It seems like she would have at least let us know, especially after the last time when someone contacted her, she changed her avatar to Thimble Hall afterward.

We also haven't heard from Miranda in a a while either. @SewMini

Miranda is living her best life in Denmark which you can follow on Instagram under the handle @fakingitindenmark 

i think she just got a job so she might be a bit busy with real life. 

Ive wondered about Jeannine too but if I recall correctly she wasn’t happy (or her family wasn’t, can’t remember exactly) with people trying to contact her last time, so I’ve hesitated to ask.

When I did my ten year anniversary blog post last month and looked back for my recaps, I was amazed by how many once familiar names had disappeared from the community - either by illness, passing or just moving on to other things in life. It has also been great meeting new people in the mini world. :)

MikeUK withdrew due to health, but he checks in to the forum with some frequency and reports his heart is the sadder for NOT being amongst us. He also mentioned being bored, in need of a Tudor-ish fix, and wouldn't be overly surprised to see some heavy brown boxes appear in the driveway one day. 

• Like 1

I miss Jeannine terribly. I think about her almost everyday lol. If she hadn’t come along out of the blue like she did I would never have figured out how to do porcelain dolls or the china painting or costuming. I have a feeling she stopped or lost interest in the dollhouses so maybe feels there wasn’t a purpose to being here, but we all go through times of building houses and taking a break and still find friendship and kindred spirits here. I hope she is ok.

I am friends on Facebook with several of the old members so can give an update on a few (hope they wouldn’t mind). Linda from Australia, remember she built the double, back to back Beacon Hills? Those houses were sold, but she’s doing great, living on the seaside alone in a darling bachelorette apartment and still collecting and doing Miniatures, recently got in to the Blythe dolls. Chris (what2craftnow) is also alive and well, Deb is still making some really cool paintings. I have not heard anything from Monica in awhile, she is not active on fb these past few months, miss her too. 

I can see how the blogs would get tiring, especially on days when no one responds or interacts. 

I have also wondered about Tracy, is she still an admin here? I miss seeing her houses. 

On 9/17/2019, 3:12:22, WyckedWood said:

I have also wondered about Tracy, is she still an admin here? I miss seeing her houses. 

Tracy's taking a break from the forum. I think she still posts on Facebook.