Laurel

DiannaG

I rebuilt a Laurel that had been built originally using hot glue.  The first picture is the interior with the bedroom and bathroom decor begun and the kitchen floor laid:

med_gallery_8_1103_348646.jpg

Here is the finished living room:

med_gallery_8_1103_196265.jpg

and kitchen:

med_gallery_8_1103_188519.jpg

My Laurel (aka Washington 2.0) turned out to be a Haunted Hangout. See it here.

Before it became the Haunted Hangout, it sat around for years. It was built initially to be a farmhouse, but the rooms are very small and I couldn't work out furniture arrangements that pleased me. Once the skeletons took over, it all fell into place.

I am currently working on the rehab of the Laurel.  The original builder used hot glue -- so it has been easy to take apart.  I love the footprint of the Laurel and that it is lightweight, but the rooms are quite small.  Some people remove the stairs to make more room in these smaller houses, but I do like stairs.

I am moving the living room stairs to the corner and of course had to move the front door.  I also moved over the center wall to make a wider living room.  Will double up the center wall and sandwich electrical wiring inside the wall.

To make more room in the kitchen, I bumped out the side wall and also bumped out a space on front wall for a table and chairs.  This does reduce the amount of that beautiful porch.

Have fun with working on your Laurel.