Looking to make a stream/river, with realistic water.

Chisel

So I built the base of a stream/river on some wood, I used some wood filler to make the banks, then, I painted it sealed it with Mod Podge and used some clear elmers glue to try and make a nice clear stream/river, but after 3 days the thing dried horribly. So I'm looking for some advice on how to make a clear stream, what I can use to make a body of water that won't dry and flatten out or get huge air pockets in it.

Look at angieaug youtube channel. She did a nice vid on a stream a few months ago. https://youtu.be/il-9x9JCHnc

HBS sells a clear plastic rippled sheet that you can lay on the surface for a water effect. I think it works better for fountains or ponds though not the directional movement you are looking for with a stream. 

Not looking to spend alot of money on this, 20 bucks maybe or under. I seen this Quick Water stuff at Michael's that I could probably get for 7 bucks with a coupon, but I'm not sure how it dries? I don't know if it gets hard and clear or stays like jello

The Quick Water is supposed to hard (but a bunch of reviews here say it sometimes doesn't).

Here's a recent thread where we talked about options for water, that might help you: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=forums&module=forums&controller=topic&id=43099

I haven't tried it yet but I ended up buying EasyCast, which cost ~$11 on Amazon. Michaels also carries it.