JesseJane

Hello! I just got my first dollhouse build by getting one that was already mid-construction. I have always adored dollhouses and figured, 'why not?'. Well the only information I really have on it is that it was a project started in 1979, and a parts list for a Queen Anne. I was really surprised when I researched a Queen Anne and was in disbelief that I fell backwards into one. Upon further inspection, this is not the typical Queen Anne. There is no tower, the front is removable and there is a square balcony on top of a bay window, the walls are also made from artboard. It is three stories (I have the frame work to add to it) and therr is a small corridor under the steps. When I compare the parts that I recieved to the layout of the house and the parts list, everything matches. I am not sure what the end result of the house is supposed to look like and so far every lead has been a dead end. I was told that toadstool studios made a Queen Anne but i am unable to find any pictures of one. What kind of Queen Anne do i have? Any help would be appreciated! I don't want to just free style and mess up something that could be valuable to someone other than myself, and having a direction to go in would be nice.

32 minutes ago, JesseJane said:

I don't want to just free style and mess up something that could be valuable to someone other than myself,

Hi, Jessica. Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have a real gem of a house. Please try to have fun with it and don't dwell too much on what it might be worth to somebody else. There may never be a "somebody else". You've always wanted a doll house -- make this one yours! You'll find a lot of enablers help here to encourage you to listen to the house and follow its lead. Whatever it turns out to be, however it looks, it will be right if it pleases you. 

When you have made 5 posts, you can open an album in the Gallery to post photos of your house. That will help the historians here identify it. There is a limit to the number of photos you can insert in a message post; there is no limit to the number of photos you can put into an album, and it is easy to link those photos to a text message.

• Like 1

Jessica, while you wait you can post us an introduction in the Newcomers' Forum.  When you have made five posts you may start an album of your house and your progress on it in the Gallery here.  Meanwhile, you could post a photo or two of what you have so far and see if anyone recognizes it.  Apparently Toadstool Studios published dollhouse plans for people to build; we had a discussion about them a while back:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=forums&module=forums&controller=topic&id=33302 

I tried Googling for the Toadstool Studios Queen Anne, but could find no pictures of the house built.

• Like 1

Thank you both! I am excited about this dollhouse adventure. Also I am trying to get comfortable with navigating the site, but i definitely will post photos when I can. I'm nervous about starting this project as well, so i am sure that I will have a lot of questions!

12 hours ago, Qubanqtee said:

and look at the Brae knows with out photos what the house is.  How awesome is this site?!  That's such an amazing house! Welcome to the forum @JesseJane you've got an amazing house!

:D Ok, I'm not that good.  hahaha  I saw her pics in the gallery first.

• Like 2