Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rosedale, Jefferson or Willowcrest ideas

12 posts in this topic

I’d love to see photos of any of these kits that have been modified slightly. I’m not sure I’m up for a huge bash but they are around the side I’m needing and hope to build a small one first then move to one of these 

I’m really a farmhouse kind of girl so I was thinking the Jefferson might be easier to put a porch on and make look like a 100 year old farmhouse but I love all three and would like to see yours. 

the Fairfield is also a favorite but it doesn’t come in 1” scale correct? 

The Laurel comes with a porch and slightly larger rooms than the Washington 2.0 and if you bash it with a Primrose it makes a right cute farmhouse.

35 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

The Laurel comes with a porch and slightly larger rooms than the Washington 2.0 and if you bash it with a Primrose it makes a right cute farmhouse.

That sounds promising! Are there any pictures or albums you’ve seen?

I linked the names of the kits in my post to the albums of the builds I did in the Gallery.  The Laurel was a falling apart wreck that had been built with hot glue, and the Washington 2.0 was a NIB kit I built and found the rooms to be much smaller than those in the Laurel.  If you click on the green highlights you will see what I mean.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Jggypsyheartminis said:

That sounds promising! Are there any pictures or albums you’ve seen?

I bashed my Laurel slightly and added a double decker Primrose addition.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=7921

1 person likes this

I slightly bashed my half scale Rosedale (The White Rose) bay adding a skylight window and dormer in the third floor mansard wall. It was the first time I modified a kit, and while nerve wracking, was a lot of fun. Now I change whatever I want to :D 

you can also find progress photos in my Greenleaf album for this build.

1 person likes this

On 10/15/2019, 8:35:06, havanaholly said:

I linked the names of the kits in my post to the albums of the builds I did in the Gallery.  The Laurel was a falling apart wreck that had been built with hot glue, and the Washington 2.0 was a NIB kit I built and found the rooms to be much smaller than those in the Laurel.  If you click on the green highlights you will see what I mean.

I didn’t know they were links you know sometimes it just underlined things that aren’t really clickable links lol! I’ll learn the ways around here. So neat I love that and I love the look of the laurel. 

21 hours ago, Dalesq said:

I slightly bashed my half scale Rosedale (The White Rose) bay adding a skylight window and dormer in the third floor mansard wall. It was the first time I modified a kit, and while nerve wracking, was a lot of fun. Now I change whatever I want to :D 

you can also find progress photos in my Greenleaf album for this build.

Lol! It shouldn’t be so nerve wracking but I’m feeling unsure. I love how yours turned out. I just saw your nutcote on IG. I’ll add you on there. I’m jggypsyheartminis