Has anyone tried these miniature kits??

Inge

My sister in law bought me the blue kit which turned out beautiful! Porcelain fridge, toilet and bathroom sink, long wires for the lights. I did change the sofa as the material included made the glue show thru. I knew she bought herself two kits that she would never do so she brought them with her when she flew up so I could do them for her. Imagine my SHOCK to find they were NOT 1:24 scale as advertised. The yellow house must be a 1:48 and the fairy house 1:144. I would not recommend the yellow house. There was no fridge and the bathroom toilet and sink were made of wood and not sure I can wire it as there are only two inches of wire to work with. Fairy house is adorable and fortunately not too many pieces to glue together. In appreciation she sent me the pink house kit and it is beautiful as well. Toilet and bathroom sink ceramic (?), but weird...no fridge BUT TWO OVENS. An oven in the stove and a wall oven. I made the wall oven into a fridge. Do they not have fridges in China?? Anyways, just wanted to give anyone interested in these kits a heads up that only the blue and pink ones are 1:24 and good quality.

HPIM1003.thumb.JPG.e3c5c8cf72d1e00abfb5f

• Like 5

I have built the castle and am building the cake shop.  I have never built 1:24 so I don't know if they are accurate or not.  I was going to buy a 1:24 piece of furniture to see if it fit in the castle but after building all of the furniture that went with it, I decided to stick with them.  They do look cute and the structures themselves are quite solid.  They are a fun quick build activity, but I must admit building all of those tiny pieces is quite a challenge.  More than once, I have been on my hands and knees on the floor looking for tiny pieces before my cats swallowed them.  They definitely require patience and good fine motor skills.

FYI if you want to check scale, use a 1:24 kit or scale down a 1:12 pattern.  I couldn't use any of the wood furniture I'd bought for the Fairfields; when the hubs & I finished measuring all the pieces were closer to 1:32 than to 1:24.

I built the blue beach cottage kit. For $20, it was fun. In creating this kit and researching dollhouse topics, I learned about light voltage, glues that work and don’t work and scale all at the same time.  The scale is not 1:24 as advertised. However it was an excellent beginner dollhouse project for me.   I ended up scrapping it, but using many of the accessories and tiny fabric pieces as decor in my goofy little off scale house I built next. It was definitely worth it. 

I've built a few of those kits - a coffee house, bedroom room box, garden room box, caravan, 2 x mini tins and a greenhouse.  I also have a fairy treehouse snow globe that I'm going to do for my Gt Niece's Christmas.  They're cheap, they're fun to create - sometimes fiddly and frustrating!  I've sometimes struggled with instructions but mostly they come with great pictures.  Personally, for the price you can get them for from Aliexpress, they are a wonderful little kit - easy to do when you don't have anything else big to work on.  

I was introduced to these kits at a miniature show 5 years ago. A distributor of the Japanese kits was just starting to sell

here in the US. I was hooked. Tea house, chicken and beer place, (shop and then I bought 12 " rooms",(small corners)

and am making the months of the year. This is all in 1/24" scale. The base of these houses can be modified and are fun to do.

Gail :bear:

I received the bookshop one as a gift and built it over the summer:  https://www.amazon.com/DIY-Wooden-Puzzle-Miniature-House/dp/B07BYYYJ9X/ref=sr_1_39?keywords=miniature+book+shop&qid=1572310093&sr=8-39

I was pleasantly surprised to see the nice quality of the materials, and I'd say it was about 1:24 scale. I've been tempted to do another.  .  .maybe next summer

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

I received this one as a gift, and I enjoyed every second of putting it together... EXCEPT the little hanging light!  Whew, it was not easy.  Lots of little metal pieces to bend into some semblance of a light fixture :eek:  Mine definitely came out a bit "wonky", but overall it is so cute and it led to my recent renewed interest in miniatures!  I'm not an expert, but the scale is pretty hard to determine.  The shelving seemed 1:12, but the chair and ladder felt smaller, although not as small as 1:24.  Very hard to say, but it looks great on my bookshelves, even when the misshapen light is turned on :bigwink:

https://www.robotimeonline.com/products/diydollhouse-dg102