Going to or have just brought a Dolls House

3 posts in this topic

Hi,  Your photo links don't work. I am not sure how to help you as I have been missing so I don't remember how to load them.  Someone will come along and help. Or go back and try again?

Cheryl 

Let me try something here, I am going to just copy a photo by right click copy and the come to the post here and right click paste.  Lets see if this simple way might work for you. OK see that works!

yorkie6

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• Tape Wire - What lights do I use?
      By JenColes
      Good day! This is my first post in the forum - go easy on me!
      I'm an absolute beginner, currently building a 1:18 scale recreation of a local heritage house that was torn down 4 years ago. So far things are going well, but like MANY miniature newbies, I am absolutely confused by the wiring aspect of the build.
      I have done as much internet research and forum reading as I can, but I'm still not sure if I'm doing the correct thing.
      So, here it goes. These are my supplies:
      Cir-Kit Basic Wiring Kit
      Transformer (FIFODR® 12V 5A 60W DC Power Supply Adapter(Input 110V-220V,Output 12 Volt 5 Amp 60 Watt) DC Converter LED Driver Lighting Transformer for 12V 5A Flexible/Rigid 5050/3528/2835/5630/5730 LED Tape Strip Light FD-ADP60W)
      Lights (Pre Wired DC 9-12V 3mm Water Clear LED Diodes White Light)
      First question: Will the lights I purchased work with the tape wire kit?
      Second question: I will obviously need to purchase extension wire for the lights - what type of wire am I looking for?
      Third question: My house is mostly foam core on the inside, but the outside walls will be wood. I'm thinking of only installing the tape wire to the wood outer structure and laying/hiding the wire through the house, linking to the outside tape wire (does that make sense?). Will that work?
      Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!!
      Cheers
      Jen
    • Wall Sconces and adapters -Rookie mistake
      By fleabags3
      OH MY.  I'm a doof.  I took a loooong break from minis and am firing it up again, but have had to refresh on many things.   I did the biggest rookie mistake. i spent so much wasted time meticulously installing wall sconces  so the wires were under wallpaper and just realized they make ADAPTERS for them. i'd only done ceiling lights and wall plugs.   duh me.  They look good but such a royal pain to noodle it all through the hardest way possible.  ugh

• Lighting a Foamcore Dollhouse
      By JessB66
      Does anyone have any experience lighting a dollhouse made of Foamcore? I am trying to decide among 3 volt LED systems, and round wire or tape wire. Also the house will be 1:16 scale. It's a 3 story, 10 room wall house of my own design. Has anyone built a large project in Foamcore? Is the 3/16th thick, readily available Foamcore adequate, or do I need to track down the 1/2 inch stuff? Or how about a double thickness? I would really love to here from someone who has actually worked with Foamcore, not just conjecture.
      I live in an apartment so cutting out a house out of plywood is not practical. I have prior experience building kits and with the different wiring systems. I have also made a large house out of double thick cardboard before. I haven't ruled out cardboard as a building material, I just thought Foamcore might be more durable and nicer to work with.
    • Doll's House Lighting upgraded our information
      By Littlehousesplus125
      Doll's House lighting we have just upgraded our information to help you wire your doll's house http://www.littlehousesplus-shop.co.uk/Dolls-House-Wiring-for-Lights-Fires all the information you need don’t need white plugs