Hi from Canada

Duckie

New member here. I'm in Maple Ridge, BC Canada. I've done a really tiny dollhouse build from a kit I got off of banggood and loved the entire process. As a little girl (many, many moons ago) I was more of a tomboy, so dollhouses were not on my wish list at the time. I did have barbies and such, but nothing to the extent I asked for dollhouses.

I'm now interested in building my first "real" dollhouse. I got a greenleaf harrison dollhouse and just completed the foundation. I'm going to take every step in building this as carefully as possible because at the end, I want to be really proud of what I've achieved from it. I'm hoping for a well built house with some realistic details, but since this is just the start of it, who knows. I may sacrifice along the way depending on where this build process takes me haha.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself first of all. Second, I wanted to ask a question regarding greenleaf kits. I got this kit from a well known dollhouse company in Canada and after receiving the kit, I noticed one of the die cut sheets was not in the box. I carefully took out each sheet and numbered them according to the diagram sheet (I did this because I had a hard time spotting the numbers that were punched into the sheets) and noticed at the end, one of the die cut sheets in the kit was not there. Hopefully once they have a chance to reply, I'll get the missing panel. It is the front of the roof that is missing, so it's a pretty important piece of the kit. Also, I paid for a full kit, so I do expect a full one :) Has anyone ever had this happen to them? Where one of the die cut sheets was not in the box?

Welcome to the little family, Lori.  If your kit's instructions say to use hot glue, DON'T!  Use a good carpenter's wood glue such as Titebond or Probond.  I also reinforce the edges by popping heavy duty steel staples into them at the tabs.  If the company you bought your kit from can't or won't supply your missing plywood sheet, contact Greenleaf and explain your situation to them:

GREENLEAF DOLLHOUSES
  436 LAKE ROAD
  SCHENEVUS, NY 12155
  UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
  Phone: (800) 253-7150
  Fax: (607) 638-9076
  email: customerservice@greenleafdollhouses.com

Thanks for the welcome Holly :)

I got word back from the company I bought the kit from and they directed me to call Greenleaf at their toll free number. I'll be doing that at some point where my work schedule and the hours customer service is open can coincide. Thanks for the tip and yes, I am using wood glue for the construction of it despite the instructions saying to use hot glue. I did some test pieces with the scrap wood after punching out the die cut pieces and wood glue works really well.

I'm really excited to get going on this project and have a bunch of ideas already for the direction I'll be taking this house.

Edited by Duckie

Thanks Cheryl :)

I'm already having fun and I have only on the second floor in construction. I'm taking my time with everything because I'm finding myself bringing out this perfectionist attitude while doing it...even though I'm quite sure that somewhere along the way, I will have some "oops" moments.

• 3 weeks later...