Hallmark Mini Ornaments for 2019

shamrockgirl18

You gave us a couple of links to the Margarita!  :D Love the beer stein but wouldn't it be a little too big for 1:12?  Love the arcade game too!  Now to go look up the Micky Mouse nutcracker! :bigwink:

whoops! I put the wrong link for the Mickey mouse nutcracker. here it is:  https://www.amazon.com/Hallmark-Keepsake-Christmas-Nutcracker-Miniature/dp/B07NDJGH6Q/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=mickey+mouse+nutcracker+hallmark+ornament&qid=1572217097&s=home-garden&sr=1-1

The beer stein that I saw in the store was pretty tiny, so I think it could work

• Like 1

Just found this thread! I am in big trouble. I had no idea Hallmark made !:12 scale. Now I know where my sister in law got the cutest little stove she gave my Mom one year! I just took it for granted she got it at a miniature show. I wonder if it was Hallmark and 1:12? It had some things on it it seems, 

About the Stein, well those old Beer drinkers liked their steins big! maybe it is ok huh? 

Erin, there goes my gift certificate I was going to use for a desktop heater, this room is so cold. Oh well I have some window shopping to do. Thanks so much for sharing that.......this is so cool........

I love the Nutcracker and the Stein. Also that Arcade.  Someone wants $69 for  a yellow Hallmark arcade like that! So 19.99 is a good deal. Oh wait, I see, the yellow one is from 2008 so maybe that is why it is so much more.  

I sit here in turmoil, as I was trying to not spend money for a while. :) and I do need the little heater. Oh well we will see...LOL

I love the Hallmark ornaments because they are high quality items at a much more reasonable price that hand-crafted mini's.

Of course I understand why artisan items cost more $, but sometimes you're just looking for little items to 'fill in the gaps', or you have a special themed scene.

They're not always perfectly to scale, but I'm not super picky and sometimes scales can be mixed if your scene/story already plays with sizes (like my Harry Potter dh), and you can also force a perspective if you put certain items in the background or foreground.

They are nice! BTW I kept control and bought my desktop heater instead of a Hallmark Ornament! I really did like the Stein and the Gaming machine. I don't even have a rec room lol.  The scale on that seemed ok........about 4.3" so that would be about 4 1/3 foot and young teens are about that tall so thinking the size isn't bad.  Also the  Wooden (Tin) soldier, they come in many sizes in real life. Something like that now, I would prefer that quality more than anything I could make.  

I am picky about scale but that is what makes collecting so fun you can do as you darn well please! :artist::cucumber:

I ended up buying the itty bitty beer stein!  They won't send to NZ but I have friends in Wisconsin so they'll send it on to me when they have other stuff for us.  :) 

• Like 2

I have one of the Hallmark arcade cabinets, but it's too small for 1:12 and too big for half scale.

A few years ago I made a roombox with some of the kitchen ornaments: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?s=064d87a0be0b46fd53e1daa49491e7f5&app=gallery&album=7109

It was a good way to deal with them being slightly out of scale, because I could build the cabinets to fit. But the fridge is still a little short.

• 2 weeks later...

Hallmark Ornaments used to be (another one of) my obsessions...I had over 200 and most were rare with lights and motion, dating back to the 80's. I got into a bad eBay habit of buying and selling..it was almost like gambling, not healthy...that's how I acquired the rare ones. This went on for couple years (around 2002-2004) Eventually I ended up selling all but about 20 of them. Which for my own sanity I decided to take them out of the box and actually hang them on my tree and enjoy them. Now my grandkids enjoy them too because I kept the best ones with lights/motion/sound etc and they love playing with them on the tree.

I still check out the new ones every year - they really are little works of art. Some are amazing!