New member introduction from Georgia.

I've been lurking here the last several months and finally invested in my first house house build. I've always had a love for scale models and architecture. I helped my father build my mothers Colonial greenleaf house kit and spent many years playing in it. My grandfather also built doll houses and trains to scale from scratch. Several are on display in the Savannah Railroad history museum. 

I'm a theatrical costumer by trade, making corsets, Drag, and burlesque costumes for a living.
https://www.instagram.com/houseofcanney/
I've always WANTED to get into making dollhouses but was always concerned about space considering my career takes up a studio of it's own. I then discovered that 1:24 scale models were a thing.. and well I fell down the rabbit and purchased the Fairfield around September. 

Work (and now possibly a move across country) have already gotten in much of a way but i have managed to make quite a few supplies purchases from baseboards and crwn modeling, to doors and most of the wallpaper and even a wiring kit and several light fixtures over the last 5 weeks and am looking forward to sharing more of the process with everyone.

I spent quite a few hours this past week measuring out the model and drawing all the floors to scale along with several modifications I make the house more function for the design I have in mind. 

20190921_164000.jpg

20191029_134219.jpg

20191029_191216.jpg

Edited by HouseofCanney
  • Like 3

Welcome Anthony.  I find 1:24 scale to be quite daunting myself but I have not ruled it out yet.  There are quite a few talented people on here who work in that scale.  It’s their impressive work that keeps pushing me towards it. 
  I look forward to seeing what you do with your house. 

• 2 weeks later...