• ×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• 1:16 scale furniture in 1:12 scale house?
      By mininewbie
      Hello there,
      I am new to the mini community but have been an admirer for years.   I am giving my daughter a house full of furniture for Christmas this year and in the last two days have learned a lot of things about scale that I had no idea existed.   My problem is that I fell in love with some 1:16 scale furniture and ordered it not knowing that the home kits are specific sizes.   I LOVE the 1:12 scale homes more than the 1:16 scale home and am wondering if the 1:16 scale furniture will look terrible in a 1:12 scale home?   I plan on using all 1:16 scale furniture and dolls. 
      Do any of you have both a 1:12 scale home and 1:16 scale furniture that you could show me a picture of the size difference.  I've searched everywhere online and have only been able to find pictures of the furniture compared to each other but not a 1:12 scale home with all 1:16 scale furniture inside.  
      Thank you so much!   I'm sure as I get building, I will have a million more questions as well. 
    • Gold Paint for Unfinished Wood Furniture
      By QuirkyNerdyCool
      Hi All!
      I’m a newbie when it comes to finishing miniature furniture. I have a lovely unfinished chair that has some carved detail and I’d like to repaint it gold, bronze, or dark brown and reupholster it. Can anyone recommend a brand and color of gold paint? In general, what are your favorite paint types and brands to use when painting miniature furniture? Do you prime the wood before painting? If so, what do you use. 
      Thanks in advance for your help!
      Sylvia

• Refinishing 1:24 scale furniture
      By LeFemmeFatale
      So, I've found a source for a bunch of 1:24 scale furniture for a decent price, but the problem is, I don't love the finishes. Originally I was thinking I would just paint them all so it wouldn't matter, but because they are hand-carved wood, I'm now thinking it would be nicer to stain them all. Is there any way to do this without destroying them? I mean, half scale is so tiny, is it even possible to sand the current paint/stain off of them in the first place? 

I don't want to buy them unless I know I can refinish them, because it's an investment of over $400 (oof this is a pricey hobby!) 

Thanks all! <3 
    • Witch's treasure chest
      By abloom
      In the end, Hansel & Gretel find treasure in the witch's house, so I made a treasure chest with leftover trim pieces from the Buttercup. No hinge, easy peasy. 
    • Dollhouse Newbie
      By mjcmaisto
      Hello, everyone. I have always wanted a dollhouse and dabbled here and there over the years. Now that I'm retired, I've thrown myself into the hobby with a vengeance! I have a beautiful farmhouse built for me by Kelloggs and a Victoria's Farmhouse I bought second-hand. I've been learning so much and find myself engrossed in a project for hours! I've learned a lot from this forum about painting the dollhouse, what glues to use for different projects and types of wood for dollhouse furniture. I'm so grateful for everyone's generous support and suggestions! This forum is a godsend!