printing questions

blueirishmoon

I've printed fabric and transparencies on a couple of different inkjet printers and been satisfied with the result. My only suggestion would be to get one that permits the paper, light card stock, or a transparency to move straight through the printer and exit at the back so it doesn't have to curve around rollers to come out the front, the way it went in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blueirishmoon said:

I was hoping more for specific make and model numbers 

The models change so rapidly that anything I could suggest would probably be a discontinued item by now. I suspect others are not chiming in for that reason.

Printers are improving in print quality and special features all the time. I don't believe you could go wrong if you go with a name brand, like HP, Canon, or Epson. You may want to go to an office supply store and have their printer expert show you the features of the new models, many of which are wireless these days, which I find to be a handy feature.

Here is a review of the top 5 inkjet printers of 2019 to give you some guidelines. 

I've been happy with my HP Officejet pro - mine's an older version, but I suspect the newer ones might be even better. Ink is always the issue - its pricey and if you print a lot, you will have to buy ink more often than people printing b&w documents.

But I love printing fabric and decals!

• Like 1

That's what I have, too!  Mine is the HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus.  I love it.  If I set it on its "best" setting, I can print lovely clear minis and fabrics.  I have also printed on transparencies (make sure you buy the kind designed for inkjet printers) and velvet paper.  A couple of things:  1) I noticed when I got a new computer--do not let the computer just accept Windows default drivers for the printer.  The printer was not up to its usual standards when I did that.  I went to HP, downloaded the correct drivers from them, and I'm back to nice, sharp images. 2)  Paper matters.  The color will be affected by both the printer settings and the type of paper.  I get the best results with single-sided matte presentation paper.  (The double-sided is closer in thickness to card stock, which is fine if you want that, but I frequently want a thickness closer to regular paper.)  

• Like 1