New Member Intro

Bombay Reno

Hi, everyone. I just inherited 2 Greenleaf dollhouses courtesy of my local thrift shop. I have the Beacon Hill and Westville houses and my young daughter and I are going to be renovating them! So I allowed her to pick which house she wanted so naturally I am going to be working on the Beadon Hill and I am a nervous bundle of energy. However, I want to make modifications and am unsure of how to remove walls from the home without damaging. I have redo some of the flooring due to natural wear and tear. I’ve never built a dollhouse so I’m a little scared. I recently saw a blog post of someone remodeling a Beacon Hill but it’s seems that I have lost the link. I’m open to any ideas and feedback and will post pictures of my journey. For now my daughter and I are going through paint swatches and looking up all kinds of videos searching for direction. Thanks and advance for all of your help!

• Like 1

Welcome to the little family, Nicole & daughter.  If the houses were originally built with hot glue a hair dryer will take them apart nicely, a thrift store table knife will remove the yucky hot melt glue globs and you will be good to go with a good carpenter's wood glue and whatever changes the house wishes you to make.  There are lots of blogs and gallery albums here for members' Beacon Hills to help you along the way.

• Like 1

Hi Nicole, the Beacon Hill is definitely a beauty.  It's a house I love but have not yet had the gumption of purchasing to add to my stash.  I'd recommend you start with a dry fit of the house as is - this way you can visually see what walls you might want to remove and see how it might or might not affect the house itself. There's lots of talented and helpful people here on the forum.  Looking forward to seeing what you decide to do.

• Like 1